Ch 8

"Hey Regina can I ask you a question?" Natasha asks taking a seat on a stool in the kitchen.

"Sure." Regina smiles putting away groceries.

"Who's Harle-

"Shhhhhh *clears throat*" Regina cuts her off looking around to see if anyone is around to hear.

"Look that's something you don't want to bring up in this house, ever." Regina says as she puts cans away in the cabinets.

"But why-

"Natasha you seem like a nice girl so I'm looking out for you. Trust me, don't bring her up or the worst will happen." Regina tells her.

Natasha looks down at the counter in thought.

"She killed officer Rumlow didn't she?" Natasha asks hesitantly.

"I don't get in her professional business." Regina shakes her head getting more items from the brown paper bags.

"Regina." The read head sighs.

"She didn't kill him." Regina answers.

"Sending one of her goons to kill him isn't much of a difference than her doing it herself." Natasha deadpans making her sigh.

"There are just some things that you don't understand Natasha and it's probably best that you don't." Regina tells her.

"I'll be back." She adds making Natasha nod as she walks away.

Shortly, J walks in shirtless with a sports bra, soccer pants and sneakers on, sweating, air pods in, not noticing Natasha as she goes straight to the fridge.

Natasha uses her oblivion to study the gangster, wondering what she is hiding, bottling up inside her head, also looking at the many tattoos all over her pale body. She's only seen the one on her forehead and left hand as she's always wearing suits. She's intriuged by how much ink is displayed on her skin.

I was drinking some cold water from the water bottle I got straight from the fridge when I feel a pair of eyes on me. I turn around to see Natasha staring at my body not having noticed that I can see her staring. I take on airpod out closing the fridge then decide to speak.

"Like what you see?" I ask with a heavy breath motioning down my torso.

"Nice Batman tattoo. You a fan?" She asks curiously and I slightly growl.

"No I'm not a fan of that- that nosy son of a- he kept budding into my business. Made my life impossible in Gotham." I grit.

"Gotham has Batman. New York has Ironman." She says confidently.

"And yet I always get away." I smile raising my water bottle slightly.

"Because you're a lunatic. They won't lock you up in prison where you belong." She scoffs making my jaw clench.

"I'm not crazy! I-I'm not fucken crazy!" I screw my eyes shut trying not to get angry, my hands closing into fists.

"Then you need help-

"You don't know what I need!-

"Oh kay! I think it's time for your pills J." Regina says coming in the kitchen.

"I don't need those drugs I like mine better." I scoff waving her off.

"J you need to take them." Regina says seriously.

"I call bullshit!" I shake my head.

"Fine don't take them, go take a shower and I'll have a snack ready for you when you're done." She tells me and I nod leaving.