Ch 9

My peaceful morning is interrupted as I'm woken up by noise coming from downstairs. I grumpily wake up putting on my robe and head towards the racket.

"What's with all the noise?" I groan loudly rubbing my temples making my way down the stairs towards the living room.

I see Jonny and Bruno putting up a big ass tree in the corner of the living room next to the fireplace.

"Well since you said you want to make Natasha comfortable here she thought it would be nice to have a Christmas tree." Regina says as I make my way over to them lazily.

"But they're messy. Trees are meant to be outside not inside. Look there's a whole forest right there." I emphasize then motion my right arm outside through the patio opening.

"Come on J, just because you have green hair doesn't mean you have to be the Grinch." Natasha says looking at me.

"What's the point of celebrating? Everyone has the day off. No ones here." I scoff.

"Well I'm going to be here and I want something to look forward to." Natasha crosses her arms over her chest.

"Fine fine." I wave off tiredly.

"Great, I even found these ornaments-

"Not these." I shake my head grabbing the box.

"But they look gre-

"Not. These." I repeat walking away going back upstairs.

"*sighs* Well what are we going to decorate the tree with now?" Natasha asks turning to see the big tree bare.

"Jonny and I can go out and get some decorations." Bruno suggests and Regina stifles a laugh.

"You two? No, I'll go out and get some nice decorations for the tree." Regina says getting her coat and leaving the living room.

~

Little While Later....

I go to the living room and see Natasha on the couch.

"Where's Regina?" I ask looking around.

"She went out to buy decorations for the tree." She responds not looking up at me and I roll my eyes.

"What's this?" I ask taking the object out of Natasha's hands.

"A book." She says in an obvious tone trying to get it back but I move away from her.

"There's no pictures." I say flipping through the pages.

"That's when you use your brain to imagine them." She says taking her book back.

"But a TV does the same thing and you don't have to think about it." I furrow my eyebrows motioning to the TV.

"Have you ever read a book?" She asks and I think really hard.