Ch 41

"So you think Natasha is with Bruce?" Regina asks as we're sitting in one of the booths.

"I don't think so I know so. I heard his voice. Why else would he be there in the middle of the night?!" I growl frustratedly.

"It wasn't just him that was there." She tells me.

"Yeah right." I scoff then stop.

"Wait how do you know?" I ask with a raised eyebrow and she doesn't say anything.

"Have you been talking to her?" I ask in slight disbelief.

"She reached out-

"Oh this is fucken rich!" I laugh getting up from my seat making her do the same.

"You come here for what, Regina? To use your magic and tell me you're friends with the woman who broke me?!" I ask.

"You were broken waay before Natasha came around." She scoffs.

"Why did you do this to yourself?" She motions to my body referring to the serum.

"To be stronger and more powerful. Now nothing can hurt me." I say looking down at my body

"Now you won't get seriously hurt physically but you can still get hurt emotionally." She says making me clench my jaw.

"I don't care about emotions anymore." I shake my head.

"Clearly. You've done alot of bad J-

"I needed to get rid of my competition-

"They were your friends-

"They weren't my friends, they were just people I tolerated long enough to not kill." I scoff.

"I have no friends nor need them." I then add carelessly.

"You had me. Until you pushed me away.. Why? Why are you pushing me away?" She asks softly and I shake my head ignoring the question.

"Leave Regina. I need to get work done." I tell her.

"She really cares for you." She tries and I pace around shaking my head.

"Just stop this madness J!" She exclaims.

"Oh I'll stop! I'll stop when I want! I'll stop when I'm the most powerful being in New York!" I motion my hands outward then leave to the back room.

I couldn't tell Regina who my next target really was, now that I know she talks to Natasha.

~

Stark Cabin, Night Time

It was Friday night and the Stark family, consisting of Howard, his wife Maria, Tony and his husband Steve along with their son Peter, and Natasha were out for the weekend to their family cabin in the woods. They wanted to have a nice family weekend since the work at the precinct has been very stressful as The Joker has been making messes all over New York.

"Dad you should let Steve and I get the firewood." Tony tells his father.

"Now, now, I don't know what you're implying but I'm not to old to get some firewood if that's what you mean." Howard says making Tony sigh.