Ch 24

Natasha was talking to Wanda as they stood around at her desk about their plans they had for the weekend when Fury steps out of his office.

"Barton channel 6 now." He orders and Clint confusedly turns on the TV to channel 6.

"Fury what's wrong?" Steve asks standing up from behind his desk.

"See for yourselves." He points to the TV on the wall.

"Breaking news from Gotham City, New Jersey. The criminal James Napier better known as The Joker has escaped the Arkham Asylum for the criminally insane early this morning. No one knows of the criminal's whereabouts so stay on the look out. The New Jersey state police have decided to close all major highways and bridges going in and out of the state. More updates to come as the story progresses-

The officers talking to one another the chatter filling up the precinct.

"Okay! Now, everyone have your eyes peeled and extra sharp. We aren't going to let her run around our city and have things turned upside down. Hopefully Jersey takes care of her before we have too." Fury announces before he goes back to his office.

Natasha looks down, her emotions all over the place as she takes a seat in her chair.

"Nat you okay?" Wanda asks concerned

"Yeah I'm um fine." She brushes off.

Wanda looks around before looking down at Natasha.

"Maybe it's best if you take a few days off. I don't think her being on the run and you on duty is a good mix." She says sincerely.

"I'm fine Wanda." She assures.

~

That Night

A bank truck was driving a dark road. Going into New York City. The driver driving calmly whistling along with the song that was playing on the radio. He didn't notice the spike strip that we planted on the road until it was too late and all his tires got flat.

"Shit." He hisses hitting the steering wheel in frustrated.

It was raining outside so he didn't step out right away. He looks around and sees nothing but darkness. The part of the city he was in is where abondoned warehouses were so he was practically alone. After a minute he sees a quick flash of color outside his truck, then another, then another.

Suddenly the driver door window is smashed and the driver is dragged out into the rain but not before he secretly presses an emergency button on the dash