Ch 38

It is late when I get into Gotham. I drive into a dark alley then kill the engine. I step out walking over leaning against the hood of my car as I wait. In no time a black car turns speeding towards me as I'm unfazed. A black figure comes out of the car coming forward.

"I wasn't aware this was a costume party." I chuckle.

"I could've brought my signature purple gator coat." I add licking my ruby lips as I push myself off the car.

"Might as well have. Could you have been anymore discreet with your choice of transportation?" He motions to my car.

"What?" I shrug.

"What is Gotham going to think when they see the Joker's car in the city?" He asks.

"Well what would Gotham think when they find out millionare Bruce Wayne is their beloved Batman?" I retort with a sarcastic smile making his jaw clench.

"I assume Regina told you why I'm here." I sigh changing the subject.

"I always considered you more than just an employee. I considered you a friend James. A friend turned, nemesis. I tried to stay by your side when everything happened. You've done things that are ultimately unforgivable." He says and it's my jaw that clenches now.

"Are you gonna help me or not?" I ask.

"Of course. If I didn't think there would be hope for you I wouldn't have visited you in Arkham." He says.

"Thank you Batsy." I nod.

"Go to Wayne Interprises, through the back. I'll meet you there." He says and I nod again going to my car.

~

Wayne Interprises

I was taken to a room where I was going to stay the night.

"I pulled some strings and you will be able to go to a rehabilitation center without worrying that they'll turn you in." Bruce says from the door way.

"If people knew I was getting help and relying on Batman." I chuckle shaking my head as I sit on the bed.

"So, are you gonna tell me about her?" He then asks crossing his arms across his chest.

"No, I don't think I will." I say.

"Not yet anyway. Things are complicated." I add and he nods.

"Well take advantage of the help I'm providing you. Don't make me regret this decision." He says then turns to leave.

~

30 Days Later

"You've done really well this last month James." Nancy, one of the rehab center's supervisors tells me.

"Thank you." I nod.

"It's been a good start. But we do recommend for you to stay longer." She says and I look down in thought.

"Can I make a call first?" I ask and she sighs.

"Please Nancy it'll be quick." I tell her.

"Fine, I'll be waiting for your answer after." She says walking out of my room.