22

Karima

We were going back late after having fun and going on an Abuja tour, not that the tour helped, this city is complicated.
Lara was quietly sleeping off at the back seat.

Anas yawned.
"You look exhausted baby, don't worry we're almost there" he said.

"You're the one who yawned not me" I chuckled.

He laughed. "Should we get some food now or are y'all full?" he asked

"I'm okay. But I think we can get burgers. This one gets hungry when she wakes up from sleep" I pointed to Lara.

He laughed heartily. Oh Allah, his laugh.

"Okay. Ummm, Adams is coming tomorrow. Apparently Ummi sent her to bring me food" he laughed and I joined in.

"Food? From Kano to Abuja?" I asked.

"It's Ummi. She would send anything from anywhere. As long as someone wants it" he shrugged.

"Mama's boy" I put my tongue out.

"Daddy's girl" he smirked.

I gasped. "How do you know that?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I just do"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Lara shook me awake.

"What? I hissed.

"Shhhh" she put her finger to my lips.

"Ya Asa and Captain are still fighting" she whispered.

I quickly sat up. I glanced at the clock and saw 3:45am. Did they not sleep?

"What should we do?" I asked Lara.

"Maybe it's time to talk to them?" she asked.
I nodded in agreement.

We walked down the stairs slowly.

"The baby is in me. Not in you, I get to decide what to do" Ya Asa screamed.

"Zee you seem to be forgetting I put that baby in you. We have equal rights" he replied.

Okay. I didn't need to hear that.

"Well I'm not having a scar on my stomach" she said.

"The stomach is mine to look at. Why are we even arguing over this?" he asked.

"Just get out Aliyu. I don't want to see you" she hissed turning around.

"Babe its not even 4 yet. Where would I go?" His voice became much calmer.

"I don't care. Just leave" she screamed.

He touched his jallabiya pocket for something before going out.

She turned and went in the kitchen when he left. I quickly ran to the door to go talk to him leaving Lara with her sister.

"Captain" I called out.

"I don't know why she wouldn't listen to me. I love her and I don't want anything to happen to her. What will I do if anything happens to her?" he turned around facing me.

I don't have an answer to that.

"I let her do whatever she pleases, I don't get in her way. She would do anything in this world and I'll adore her, shouldn't she at least let me have my way for once? I love her so freaking much" he groaned slamming his palm on the bonet of his car.

"Captain let's calm down please. It's late" I pleaded.

"I just want her to be fine. We could have kids later, I mean we haven't even been married for long. But what do I get? She wouldn't even listen to me, she's calling my reasons excuses" he fumed. Pacing back and forth.