23

Karima

Lara and I were fully dressed. We were to meet Adama and Anas to have lunch.
"Who's taking us?" I asked Lara as I re-tied my scarf.

"I'll drive" she smirked.

"Drive to where? So we'll get lost? No thank you" I shook my head vehemently.
Lara had no sense of direction.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she gasped.

"I don't know" I shrugged.
She hissed and left the room
"Drama queen" I muttered beneath my breath.

"I heard that" she said poking her head through the door.

I gave her a small smile.
She left and I followed her out.

"Are you ready?" Captain asked when he saw us.

"You're taking us?" I asked and he nodded.

"We're having a date night so we'll drop you off and Anas would get you back" Ya Asa informed us coming down the stairs.

She was dressed in a beige coloured simple ball gown, her turban wrapping her head completely and a veil covering her neck and chest.

Lara started making cat calls.

"You look amazing Baby" Captain gushed. She blushed lightly.

Swoon!

He kissed her cheek and I was quick with my camera. They stood for a few poses before we left.

Captain and Ya Asa kept reciting rules and regulations. Lara rolled her eyes.

Their father is a down to the core Hausa-Fulani man, on top of that he was a renowned scholar.

Sometimes Lara does things that make me question who raised her.
She glared at me as if she understood what I was thinking. I raised my hand in surrender and I shrugged.

We were dropped off in front of the restaurant. We made our way in trying to find Anas and Adama.

My eyes fell on Anas' raised arm.
I touched Lara and pointed to their table before making our way there.

Adama stood up and hugged us both at the same time.

Anas came to stand next to me.
"Hey baby. You look nice. Lara, how far?" he greeted.

I smiled and exchanged pleasantries while Lara chatted away with him.

I sat opposite Adama. "So how's my brother?" I whispered.

Her face broke into a grin and she used her palms to shy away from me.
"Oh. So I'm not shy to meet your brother in front of you. But me common greeting you won't answer?" I faked hurt.

"Oh Allah Karima. He's fine tau" she said lowly and I smirked.

"Are you going back to sokoto or are you going to Kano first?" I asked.

"No. Sokoto it is, I'd have gone directly but Ummi had me drop off sesame seeds for Ya Anas" she explained.

"Sesame seeds? For real?" I asked, shocked.
She shrugged. "That's Ummi for you" she said smiling.

"So, you and my brother huh?" she smirked.

I mirrored her action. "Right back at you" I said cockily.
She gasped before hiding her face away.
I laughed.

"Baby, spend time with me instead. You're leaving tomorrow" Anas whined. Adama looked at him wide-eyed and I smiled sheepishly.

"Let's leave these boring girls to themselves" he stood up carrying my phone with him. "Order whatever you want" he smiled, I waved slowly at the shocked Adama and the smirking Lara, following behind him.