The Watcher

Grian was an anomaly to everyone on the server, except a few, it seems. He was just randomly there as they entered the season 6 world, standing in front of the portal like he had been expecting them, the creepy full face mask made out of dragon scales didn't make things better. It creeped most of them out, though some didn't seem as bothered by it.

He left soon after writing his name on a piece of paper that was given to Xisuma, and they thought that was the last they'd see from him in awhile. But it didn't go down like that, instead many caught him looking at them from a tree or a different type of high place. It unnerved them, some even went to X for help, like the admin could do anything. And eventually, about two months on, he tried to ban Grian. But it didn't work, so he tried again, once again it failed.

Hermits who saw him the next day asked him why he was so paranoid all of a sudden, and why he kept looking up every few seconds to scan the sky. All he said to them was: "He's not human, I just know it"

Which, by the way, is just the best way to explain things. Because it totally doesn't leave anything out. Now did it, X?

But it eventually got out that the admin had tried to ban Grian, and since the masked man was still here, it means he failed. And this just made everyone else more afraid of Grian, not many people are immune to being banned. Especially from an admin that was as powerful as Xisuma.

So now they all coward in fear whenever he was near, all except one: Wels. The knight wasn't afraid, nor did he try to run. No, he actually sought out Grian. And while it took a few weeks, he managed to find the masked man's base.

It was a floating island placed a few hundred blocks away from Mumbo's base. And Wels couldn't help but stare in awe anytime he saw it. He couldn't believe that this giant piece of floating land decorated with flowers was handmade by Grian, it was such a beautiful piece of work.

But he didn't come to Grian to look at the builds, he came to talk about other stuff.

Which is how Grian found himself on a Wednesday morning, sitting in a field of hand placed flowers and being interrupted by a Wels in shining armor. He giggled quietly at the little joke, 10/10 if he said so himself.

"Can you show me to it? I'd like to see how it looks these days" to anyone else the question might have sounded random and out of the blue, but to Grian they made complete sense.

"Can you use your own wings?" at the knights nod Grian stood up and walked to the edge of the island, "Alright then, follow me"

And so they where off, flying west of the main Hermit island. And Wels for the first time saw what Grian's wings looked like, he wasn't surprised to find they were black, but he was surprised to see that there was a hint of russet in them too. But it was just an undertone of coloring, so he turned his attention back to following the other.

After minutes of silence, Grian broke it, "Tell me, why do you want to see it?"

"I-" the knight stopped here, why did he want to see it? "I don't know"

Grian huffed out a breath that could be called a laugh, "Not many do, but there is usually always a reason"

<>Now, many of you may ask: "Indom/Indo/Indy (honestly I have so many different nicknames, and I love them all)! Why does it end abruptly? Well, let me tell you dear reader, this fic was made over a month ago on my phone and I just now found it again. And I wanted to finish it, but I also wanted to try something new. So I'm letting you guys give me ideas for what's going to transpire next (Am I basically saying I'll be taking you guys' brilliant ideas? Yes, yes I am)! It doesn't have to be long or complicated, it's all up to you guys! Now that's all from me for now, have a wonderful time everyone!<>