Flight

(This takes place during the Civil war, things are of course changed but just slightly. And if I get any information wrong it's probably because the only persons Hermitcraft series I watch is Grian's with a few of the other hermits episodes sprinkled in here or there. Now that that's out of the way, let's get started!)

Grian always wondered what it would feel like to fall, knowing that he'd stop right before hitting the ground, and pull up and fly with the clouds.

He didn't wonder for long.

The day he became the third Watcher, he got his question answered.

Leaping of the sky monument that the watchers called home and just free falling was a thrill, and pulling up just before he hit the ground was amazing. Even though this is only his second time flying he could do it perfectly, like he'd been doing it his entire life. Indomia praised him for his gift of true flight, she herself being an amazing flyer only made the praise mean that much more. 

Speaking of watchers, they actually have titles, and names! The first watcher is Indomia(duh), she is the watcher of recourses, known to give or take items and a master at collecting them. The second watcher is Garleth, he is a master swimmer and the watcher of mobs of all kinds, even hostile. 

They had thought him so much in the short months he's been with them. 

They also thought him about the rules the watchers have, some made complete sense and others where just weird.

-The rules of the watching-

1: You shall hide your watcher status from everyone, and only turn into your watcher form in front of others if absolutely necessary 

2: You shall not abuse thy power, and only use it for righteous deeds 

3: You shall not let your feelings get in the way of you doing your duties 

Those where the most prominent and the most important ones, there where of course more rules, but Grian couldn't remember most of them of the top of his head.

There where actually some cool things you got for being a watcher, for example you get one or sometimes two familiars, a pair of wings all different and some where just for gliding, powers to match your core, a title that represents what your a watcher of, admin or moderator abilities on any server you join, the cures of a longer almost immortal life, and the blessing of your love aging with you. 

Grian hadn't felt so free in forever, but he longed to be a part of a server again. So when Xisuma invited him to Hermitcraft he gladly accepted. Indomia and Garleth where happy for him, and both promised they'd come visit him from time to time.

In the beginning it was like heaven on the server, and then the honeymoon face past. And everything descended into chaos, controlled chaos, but chaos none the less. 

He had unintentionally started a prank civil war, they'd been saying it was all in good fun. Only problem? Grian wasn't having fun, not in the slightest. He actually hated this and wished he could destroy both teams bases just so they'd stop fighting. He only wanted to have some fun helping the winner of the head hunt with a single prank, not start a war. Grian wanted to propose an end to the war, but every time he looked at the teams he thought they wouldn't take that kindly to the idea, both sides wanted to win no matter what. So he didn't say anything, just stayed quiet.

He devoted more and more time on the base to please his team, loosing more and more sleep. And no one seemed to notice, except someone did notice, just not somebody you'd expect. 

The elder Vex was an old being of uncontrollable might, but he was a humble being in his own way. And he could not help to notice Grian's decent from grace. Somehow his cold heart knew something had to be done to help this young watcher, so he called on the two other watchers to meet him. And after hours of discussion they decided to all do one thing, show the hermits what this war has been doing to Grian. They'd all take one side each, Garleth would go to team STAR, Indomia would go to G-team and Vex, or Vexaldion as was his real name, would go to the Convex. 

But they had to do this in a smart way, they couldn't just show themselves to the teams, well Vex could to Convex but that's besides the point. So they made up a plan. Vex was going to give Scar and Cub one potion each, the potion was suppose to show the effects of the war on Grian. Grian would of course not be seeing the visions with his team he would be spending time sleeping and recovering (Of course Indomia would make sure this actually happens). Though they feared the war would scar Grian mentally, forever.

So for extra support they decided to send a anonymous request to TFC to ask if he could look after the builder. A request that most likely he'd accept, being a grandfatherly figure to most of the server. He could provide the support Grian needs, mostly.

With the a plan set they began making the potions, even if they where powerful beings they still had to make them by hand. 

And while the potion was being made Grian was flying around, trying to relax. It was hard, but flying help, it always did. And to think he was so afraid at first, and now him being in flight was the norm. 

Funny how things turn out. 

Circling the base one more time he failed to notice the skeleton who had spawned in the shade somewhere before it shot him straight in between his wings, paralyzed by fear he didn't realize that the ground was coming closer until he made contact. A sickening crunch was head as he roughly landed on his left side, most likely having broken his arm in the fall. 

Grian didn't want to move, yet he didn't want lay on his broken arm. So he rolled over on his back and just stayed there, somewhere in the sky he saw people flying to and from the base, seemingly not seeing him. Even when night came he didn't move, he just didn't have the energy to care anymore. Surprisingly the mobs didn't attack him, a Enderman even gave him a TNT block, Garleth must of sent him. So he took the block with his good arm and thanked the tall end mob, before trying to sleep. Even if he knew it was a bad idea to sleep out in the open, Grian just didn't have the energy to care.

Finally after almost an hour he feel asleep protected by the mobs and watched by his fellow watchers and Vexaldion, who healed his arm, the pain would still be there but it was no longer broken. Sighing the two watchers headed back, they still had to watch the Evolutionists. Vex returned to his place to finish up the brewing. 

Tomorrow was the final battle, and the only victor would be Grian, Vex would make sure of that. 

No matter what.

(Woo! That's was a ducie, now I have to write the next part, witch hopefully will be as fun as writing this was! I will also take requests, preferably Grian ones but I can do stories about others if you really want. Oh! I will also be doing art! So that's something to look forward to! But with all this out of the way, I wish you all a lovely existence! Bye!)