19 - Parent's Meeting

The door opened as Draco and I broke hastily apart. Flustered, I dropped down from the desk, trying to rearrange my crumpled blouse and hurriedly flatten down my skirt.

Luckily, Tony was carrying the biggest vase of red roses I had ever seen, so that all vision upon entering the office was obscured for him.

"Special delivery for a special lady- oh." He stopped short when he peered from behind his ridiculous gift and saw Draco standing next to me. "What's the babysitter doing here?"

Draco's lip curled instantly into a sneer. "Actually, we were just having a particular important meeting," he drawled lazily, plucking an invisible piece of lint from his rather dishevelled shirt, "before you so rudely came barging in."

My mouth fell open as I looked up at Draco; not quite believing how casual he was being about almost being caught cheating. It was like he didn't give a fuck.

"Oh," Tony frowned, thrusting the roses into my arms, all the while glaring at Draco. "I was not aware that you worked here."

Not knowing what else to do with the flowers, I turned around and placed them down on the desk in the exact spot where Draco and I were just about to give in to years of building sexual tension.

"I don't," Draco sneered. "Not that it's any of your business, but we were having a parent's meeting."

Keeping my back to them and pretending to admire the roses, I closed my eyes as I felt my face grow hot with shame.

"Oh, fantastic," Tony said, and, to my horror, he pulled up a chair and placed himself down on it, crossing one leg over the over. "Now, what's this regarding, exactly?"

"Our children, Tripp." Draco snarled down at him. "Mine and Etta's. This has nothing to do with you."

"Well, actually it does." Tony drawled, not seeming in the least bit ruffled by Draco's growing hostility. "Etta and I are currently dating if you must know, which makes me quite significant in Al's-"

"Albus is not your son." Draco said in a low, thunderous voice that shook.

"I'm sorry, but it sounds as though the poor lad needs a father figure in his life," Tony went on blithely, "seeing as though the actual one is apparently too much of a deadbeat loser to take any responsibility."

Draco clenched his fists and I saw the familiar tiny pulse along his jawline as he breathed noisily through his nose, his nostrils flaring.

"Tony," I said, feeling that I should probably try and calm the situation down before Draco committed murder. "Thank you for the flowers, but I really do need to sort out this issue about my son. And I don't think we are going to achieve much with all three of us arguing, so if you don't mind...?" I tailed off, gesturing to the door.

Tony sat up straight, looking almost comical as his mouth hung open. "You - you want me to leave?"

"Yes," I nodded, trying not to roll my eyes with impatience, "with all due respect, Tony, you haven't actually met my son yet."

Draco let out a derisive snort, glaring smugly down at my boyfriend as though he'd beaten him in a competition. I half expected him to blow a raspberry in his face such was his childishness.

"Fine," Tony huffed, standing up to leave. "Have it your way, then. I can see when I'm not wanted."

He sounded so hurt that I felt bad, and before I could stop myself, I found myself calling him back just as he reached the door. "Wait- Ron and Hermione have invited us to theirs for dinner tonight. What do you say? Pick me up at eight?"