32 - A Very Malfoy Christmas

My phone beeped yet again. I sighed, glancing down at it.

WHAT TIME R U CUMING HOME?

Ugh. I wish he wouldn't use random text speak. It seems so wrong coming from Draco Malfoy.

Like I said before - I don't fucking know.

My phone beeped almost immediately.

LANGUAGE POTTER. UNLESS U WANT ME TO PUNISH U LATER?

I didn't hesitate with my reply.

Fuck you

Another beep.

Ill TAKE THAT AS A YES THEN

Sighing, I turned my phone off and threw it in my drawer. I was far too old to be partaking in this kind of childish communication. And I was never going to get anything done if I had to keep replying to Draco's constant stream of texts.

Seconds later, the office phone rang.

"You turned your phone off!" Came Draco's indignant tone through the receiver.

"Draco," I said as calmly as I could, "I'm working. I do not have time to sit here texting you. If you are so desperate for me to come home then I suggest you leave me in peace to get on with it. Otherwise I won't get out of here until the morning."

"But it's Christmas Eve! I- uh -the boys want to spend it with you." At this, I heard a yell of indignant protest from Albus in the background.

I glanced up at the clock. It was almost four o'clock, still far too early to call it a day. I gave a heavy sigh.

"I'll be home in ten minutes."

*****

All three of them were staring transfixed at the television when I got in.

"I'm home," I pointed out, when not one of them acknowledged my presence upon entering the sitting room.

"Hey," Draco drawled lazily, not bothering to look up.

"Has anyone even bothered to turn the kettle on?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, I'll have a coffee please," Draco said, still staring at the television.

My mouth dropped open. "I wasn't offer- oh, for heaven's sake!"

I stormed into the kitchen, cursing Draco under my breath as I made the drinks.

All day - all fucking day he has been badgering me about coming home and when I do I'm treated like the family house-elf.

"What's got your knickers in a twist, Potter?" Draco drawled as I slammed a mug down on the table in front of him, making coffee slop everywhere.

"I'm just looking forward to getting my life back!" I sniped, glaring furiously at him as I plonked down heavily on the other end of the sofa.

"Wow - thanks a bunch, Mum," Albus muttered from the other sofa.

"She's referring to me, Al," Draco smirked, "your mother never could handle too much Slytherin."

"We're Slytherin too!" Scorpius protested, sounding somewhat hurt.

"Yeah, but your father possesses extra qualities that makes me want to constantly hex him." I muttered, still glaring at Draco.

Draco chuckled, his eyes glinting at me as he brought his coffee to his lips.

"What are you watching, anyway?" I asked sulkily, turning my attention to the television that seemed to have reduced them all to useless zombies.