Chapter Nine

EVA POV
Great. Now everyone knows.
We had our meal and then went back to Zoe's. Alfie and Caspar were out somewhere. She was in the kitchen, scrolling through her laptop.
"You're back early." She says.
"There's been another photo issue." I tell her.
"I know. It's all over the internet." Zoe says, concerned.
"Look," Joe says, clearly seeing that I was worried. "If we handle it well, it should all die down. We just need to let everyone know the truth."
"Eva, I think you better read this." Zoë turns the laptop towards me, and I see a blog post by an unknown user, posted 10 minutes earlier. I can hardly believe what lies I'm reading.
New and well-known YouTuber Eva G recently part of many apparent "misunderstandings"
Young Star is seen out with two different YouTubers
Eva first came onto our screens last month, with a video about her dog. This was noticed by YouTube superstar Zoella (Zoë Sugg) who recently invited Eva to stay with her in her Brighton home for a week. There, the devoted ThatcherJoe (Joe Sugg, Zoe's brother) fan was greeted by no other than Joe himself.
Earlier in the week she posted this tweet "breakfast in bed from @joe_sugg <3" which was followed by a lot of controversy over whether "Jeva" was to become a thing and then Joe telling everyone it wasn't just yet.
Later that day she was seen to be holding hands with British YouTuber Marcus Butler. Marcus assured everyone it was all a misunderstanding and nothing more has been said, until now, when just a few minutes ago these photos of Joe and Eva at an expensive seafront restaurant were revealed to the public...
"We've got to tell them." Joe says, reading over my shoulder.
"Tell who what?" Zoë asks.
"Tell them we're together."
"Alright," I say before Zoë can protest. "Let's do it. Put this article to shame. Whoever wrote this has no idea what the hell is really going on."
"We'll make a video. Now." Joe says, and runs upstairs, presumably to get his camera.
We set it all up and then start.
"Hi guys," Joe waves. "As you can see, I'm here with Eva."
"Hi." I say.
"As you may know, there's been a lot of rumours about us recently, so we're here to tell you the truth."
"Whoever caught that photo of Marcus and I, they got completely the wrong idea," I say. "I'm not going out with Marcus...I'm actually going out with Joe." We smile at each other just like we'd planned.
"Yep," Joe puts his arm around me. "Jeva's a thing. Don't forget to give this video a thumbs up, and we'll try to make more soon!" Joe walks up to the camera and switches it off.
"Phew," he unscrews the camera from it's tripod and starts to walk towards the Mac. "That wasn't too hard. Let's go and edit."
The editing goes well. It's up in no time. Then we do a Q+A video. Before I know it, it's ten pm. Caspar, Alfie and Zoe are in the kitchen on Zoe's laptop, organising schedules and stuff.
JOE POV
Eva takes my hands in her own and looks me in the eye.
"I'm leaving in twelve hours. No matter how hard people have tried, they have in no way ruined my week. It's been the best ever. And I want to thank you. And everyone else. For changing my life."
"That's perfectly alright." I say, and then she lays her head on my shoulder and we stay like that until I have an idea.
"Two seconds, Eva. I just need to ask Caspar something."
EVA POV
Joe comes back into the room with this childish grin on his face.
"What?" I ask.
"Are you free next weekend?"
"I think so, why?"
"Would you perhaps like to spend it with Caspar and I?"
"Do I need to answer that?" I laugh. "Of course I do."