Chapter Thirty Nine

LILLIE POV
"Don't even think about making an excuse," I find that, when I've gotten over the initial shock and the anger kicks in, I can find it easier to talk than ever. "Because I just saw what happened."
"It was friendly..." Jack whispers.
"That is complete and utter crap," I say, my voice rising. "I can't even look at you. Get out."
"What? It was a mistake." He says.
"Even if it was, I'm not buying it this time! Get out!"
"Come on, let's talk about this. Reason." He pleads, trying to grab my hand.
"No! Get out!" I repeat, trying not to cry. He listens this time, brushing past me and bounding down the stairs.
"And you," I say with disgust to Charly. "You have got your way yet again! Yet again! I can't even bear to be in the same house as you, let alone the same room. Now don't try to talk to me again." I say it as calmly as I can, turning around to pick up my laptop just as the first tears begin to fall.
Once I'm back in my room, they won't stop. I find that my laptop has a smashed screen. I don't care. I immediately look up flats.
Flats in America.
Because there's too much going on to stay here.
My Twitter is going mad again.
@JackHarries : Taking a break from the internet for a bit because of something that's just happened...I'm so so sorry @Lilliexox
I've got a right mind to reply "So you should be" but I'm better than that. I get my camera out and press play, not worrying about the lighting or my make up or anything.
"I've got big news," I wipe my eyes and start to speak to the camera. "I'm moving to America. I haven't told anyone yet, but I've found an amazing flat and I need to start again because today...today I opened the door on something I'd rather not talk about. But I'll tell you anyway; Jack and my sister were pretty close. So to all those magazines, you were right. Well done. I thank you." I click stop and immediately connect it to my laptop, posting it straight on YouTube.