Chapter Thirty Five

LILLIE POV
He moves towards me and I know exactly what he's trying to do. Darcy and Bree are still in the room. I haven't seen him in three years, I can't let him, so I pull away.
"Sorry, Caspar, I can't."
"Oh, I should've known. I'm so sorry Lillie. I should've asked, I-"
CASPAR POV
I feel really bad and I'm not sure why. She must know this, because she isn't angry, although she has let go of my hand.
"I'm sorry. I can't because...because I've got a boyfriend." This hits me like a punch in the stomach. She's got a boyfriend? Then I realise that she asked me if I was with anyone, but she never had chance to mention if she was until now.
"Oh. I'm glad to hear that."
"You are? I was trying not to mention it, because I didn't want you to feel upset or anything-"
"Why would I be upset? I'm fine with it."
"You are? Would you...maybe like to meet him? We're free tomorrow?"
"Urm, yeah, sure." I say, regretting it before the words even leave my mouth. Yeah, sure?!
"Okay, I'll see you at that tea shop down the road just after lunch?"
"Sounds good." Oh, Caspar, you're just making things worse for yourself now.
"Okay, I've got to go. See you tomorrow." She says, before disappearing round the doorway.
THE NEXT DAY
I get to the tea shop and Lillie isn't there yet, so I sit at a table and wait for her. I'm wondering what he's like, and then they walk in.
Turns out I didn't need to wonder. I already know him.