Chapter Forty

LILLIE POV
Ten minutes after the video goes up, the doorbell starts to ring. Ding ding ding ding ding. Desperately, I rush to answer it. What's happened?
I find Caspar stood outside, his hair messy and he looks like he's about to cry.
"Don't go. Please Lillie. Please stay." He grabs my hands and holds them in his own.
"I'm sorry, I-" I look into his blue eyes and then look away. I don't know what to do. This morning, everything was fine. Now it's become about ten times more complicated.
THREE WEEKS LATER
The low grrrr of my suitcase along the pavement is comforting in a way. I'm leaving everything. Even Caspar. Caspar tried all he could but I just didn't want to stay. I couldn't.
Costa in hand, I join the queue to the plane. I still have a little time to kill, but I don't want to wait in the queue forever, it's fairly quiet at the minute, so I don't go off wandering around the airport like I'd like to. The sun is shining through the windows and I watch my plane get ready for boarding. It's so exciting. I promised Bree I'd write to her lots and send loads of pictures. Now seems like a good photo opportunity, and I'm just focusing the lens when-
"LILLIE!" I hear someone shout behind me, but I only glance out of the corner of my eye because they can't possibly be shouting at me. There are so many different Lillie's around nowadays. It's probably just some little girl that's wondered off. It's not a worried shout, though, it's an excited one.
"LILLIE!" I hear them shout again, and this time I recognise the voice. I pretend I don't, taking another sip of my drink. I fish around in my bag for some tablets; I've got to be hallucinating or something. Maybe the light or the nerves or-
I almost jump out of my skin when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and find myself staring into his blue eyes. I can't look away.
"So there is room for two in this apartment, isn't there?" He says, raising his eyebrows and smirking at me. I look down to see he's got a backpack slung over his shoulder and a boarding pass in his hand.
"Well of course there is, Mr Lee. Did you even need to ask?" And then, without thinking, I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. And, for the first time in three weeks, I feel happy. Truly happy. Because everything suddenly seems alright again.

A/N Okay, this isn't the end, but I felt I owed you a triple update seeing as it's Christmas and all XD