21.5) Thanksgiving ~His POV~ Zayn

Y/N couldn't go home for Thanksgiving. She had gotten sick with the flu 2 days before, and didn't want to infect her little cousins and the rest of her family. But the day of, she was feeling a lot better, and wasn't throwing up at all. She was laying on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and I was upstairs, talking to her mum.

"Y/N is feeling loads better, and she looks better too." I said to her.

"That's great to hear, Zayn. I still don't want her going out in the cold as sick as she was." Her mum, sounding worried.

"What about you and all the family coming over to our flat and having the meal? She is feeling better, and we have plenty of room." I said, smiling.

"That would be amazing, Zayn! What a great idea! We'll all come over at 5:00 pm?" Y/M/N asked.

I agreed, and hung up. Y/N was asleep on the couch when I came back downstairs, so I scurried into the grand dining room and set the table. I'm not great at doing things like this, but I think I did pretty well. I had dug out the fine china we kept for "show" in the cabinets, along with the gold silverware. I folded the brown napkins in little triangles ontop of the plates. Once that was done, I dug the wine glasses decorated with sunflowers. I also grabbed the vase of flowers from the coffee table in the living room and put them in the center of the table.

As I was setting out the food plates in the kitchen, I heard the soft thumping of footsteps coming into the kitchen. I turned and saw Y/N, rubbing her eyes.

"What are you doing, Z?" She asked, her voice laced with sleep.

"Getting dinner ready," I told her, sneeking a peek at the clock. It was 3:45 pm. "The boys are coming over for dinner. Why don't you get dressed?" I said, coming up with a quick lie. She nodded and walked upstairs slowly. Once I heard the door shut, I finished setting out the utensils Y/N's mum would need for the food.

~5:00 pm~

I was dressed in a simple black button down shirt, some nice jeans, and simple black loafers. Y/N was in a burgundy sweater dress, short black leggings and matching flats. Her hair was wavy, and makeup light, with dark winged eyeliner. We were sitting on the couch, watching the remainder of the parade when the doorbell rang.

"Babe, do you wanna get that please?" I looked at her with my brown eyes, and she sighed.

"Sure thing." She lightly kissed my cheek and went to the foyer to the front door. I followed quietly behind her, with my phone to capture her reaction.

Once she opened the door, she was greeted with screams. "SURPRISE!!!!" Her eyes widen and she jumped up and down.

"Oh my God!" She hugged her parents lightly, as they were holding piles of food, and I snapped away. I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed the plates her family was holding. I led her family into the kitchen while Y/N lead the rest of them into the living room to watch the parade and catch up.

She later came into the kitchen to help carry the food out to the dining room. "You did all of this, Zayn?" She asked, carrying the steamy mashed potatoes into the dining room.

I smiled. "Yup. I knew you were feeling better, and I called your mum. She didn't want you going outside in the cold, so I suggested having it here. I knew you wouldn't live it down if you missed Thanksgiving, so I brought it here." I set the green beans down in the correct place, and Y/N smiled.

Y/N wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist. We shared a quick kiss and went back to helping bringing the food in.

A few minutes later, everyone was gathered in the dining room, heads lowered as Y/N's grandpa lead us in Grace. Once we were done, everyone reached for the food. The turkery was cooked to perfection, as was the ham her family also had at Thanksgiving. The masked potatoes had just the right amount of salt and butter, and the green beans were homegrown from Y/N's grandmother's garden.

Next came dessert. Apple pie made by Y/N's mum and aunt. The whipped cream was topped with cinnamon, which made it perfect. Y/N's dad also made cinnamon rolls, with white chocolate icing.

Later that night, once all of the family had left and the dining room had been cleaned, Y/N and I laid in bed, exhasuted from today's events.

"Thank you again, Zayn. I loved this, and I love you." Y/N said, snuggling into my chest.

I picked her up and laid her on top of me, keeping one hand on the small of her back. "Your welcome, love. I love you too. Go to sleep baby, we have another big day tomorrow." We kissed, and laughed. We didn't fall asleep for an hour, making a schedule of the stores to hit at certain times.

~Author's Note!~

That's the end of this mini series! I loved doing this one because I love Thanksgiving and food.

Vote, Comment, and Favorite! Thanks for reading!

~xxKendraxx~