24.3) The Series of Christmas! Part One: Decorating with Louis

Louis was busy recording the new album, and you were all alone at home. He had been busy all week, nearly passing out at dinner.

"Where are they?" You asked, looking in your garage. You were looking for your Christmas decorations, but couldn't find them. "Note to self: Never let Louis put stuff away." You grumbled to yourself. After an hour of searching the house, you find the decorations in a closet, perfectly accessible to you.

After 15 minutes, white lights are hung all around your living room. As your working on the kitchen lights, you think of a perfect movie to watch: The Nightmare Before Christmas, one of your favorite movies. You turn on the movie and go back to work. Soon after, the kitchen is done.

You sit down for a break with a bottle of Snapple Apple (Author's Note: Just cause Snapple Apple is perfection.) to watch the movie. You look around at the little work you've done, and sigh. There was so much more to do.

After an hour, the stairway and the hallway is complete. You put up the tree as well, only putting the lights on. You knew Louis would be tired, but maybe he's able to put on a few ornaments and the topper.

"Y/N?" A melodious voice called. You smiled and walked into the living room.

"Hey Lou," you say, giving him a small kiss. "How was work?"

"Not that-woah!" Louis said, finally noticing your work. "Wow you did a lot today. It's looks awesome Y/N!"

"It's not done, yet. Wanna work on it?" You asked, fixing a strand of lights that drooped from their branch.

"Sure!" Louis said, kicking off his signature Toms. He opened the box of ornaments and started hanging them up. "Wanna order Chinese? Make this a mini-date night?" Louis asked.

You nodded. "That sounds awesome. Your usual?" You ask, going for the phone. He nods, and you place the order. You head back to the ornament box and pull out a teddy bear shaped stocking ornament. "What's this?"

Louis blushes. "That's my very first Christmas ornament. My gran gave it to me." He got up, and placed it near the top. Louis then reaches down and pulls out a pink snowman on a sled.

You smile. "That's my first ornament. My gran gave it to me, too." You take it from him, and place it right next to his. Louis smiles and wraps his arms around you, making you laugh. "No snuggles yet, BooBear! We still have a lot of work to do!" Louis fake groans and starts putting up more ornaments.

An hour later, the Chinese food containers sit empty on the coffee table. Louis had restarted The Nightmare Before Christmas as the 2 of you worked. You were finally done decorating, but there was one more part: the angel.

"Wow, time flies fast when your having fun." Louis commented, holding the topper. You stretch and nod. Louis looks at you, then the angel. You look at him, then the tree topper.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" You say, breaking the silence.

"I don't wanna do it. You do it! I'm short!" Louis says, thrusting the angel into your hands. You groan. Oh no. Not the short thing again.

"Louis, for the last, frickin' time, your not short! I, on the other hand, am short. And cannot reach without a ladder, and you know I hate ladders!" The bickering continues for a good 5 minutes, but it feels much, much longer.

"Fine!" Louis yells. He pushed the angel into your hands once again, picks you up and forces your arm to put the topper on. "There! Now let's cuddle!" You can't help but laugh and admire your view from Louis' strong arms.

"Yessir!" You exclaim. You both head to the couch and cuddle, gazing at your masterpiece, and your 2 childhood ornaments right near the Christmas Angel.