Chapter 12: Colson

We walked onto the SNL studio, dressed to impress. I wore black jeans, a white wife beater, and a leather jacket over it. Lily looked beyond gorgeous in a black lace long sleeve body suit and a tight little black skirt. My hand kept coming down to rest on her ass.

"Are you gonna be stroking my ass during the promo?" Lily asked, pretending to be annoyed by it.

I gave her ass a squeeze. "Can't get enough of it." 

She turned to face me, her brown eyes staring up at me. "Behave. Their promos for a comedy show not a porn."

"I only heard something about us and a porn." I smirk, bending down to kiss her.

Colin Jost and Michael Che walk up to us before we can continue. They start to go over a couple of ideas for the promos, mostly saying that they'd like to see a few unscripted ones to see how we act around one another. Pete stumbles towards us, handing me a joint. He's not always active on the show, but with Lily and I being on it, he's more than willing to be in the promos and almost every sketch. I think he just wants to help be there for whatever we need.

Lily takes the joint from me. "Do you guys really trust Colson to be unscripted?"

Michael just laughs. "Pete's shown me videos, but Colin has faith."

We finish the joint before standing up on stage. Lily stands in the middle of Pete and I, looking like a tiny pixie. Both Pete and I are well over six feet whereas Lily is barely over five. The two head writers directed us where to stand, them told us how to start off. After that we were giving free reign.

"Hello I'm Lily Page and I'll be hosting this weeks Saturday Night Live with musical guest Machine Gun Kelly." Lily said.

I didn't say anything, I just stared into the camera.

"Kells, don't you have anything to say?" Lily asks.

"I'm just figuring out what won't be censored that can come from my mouth." I smirk, winking at the camera.

She starts laughing at this, shaking her head.

"That was great. Let's try a few more unscripted, we'll then take a break and have more scripted ones." Colin says, encouraging us.

"I'm Lily Page and I'll be hosting this weeks Saturday Night Live alongside musical guest Machine Gun Kelly." Lily says, she turns to Pete. "You know I've always wanted to hook up with a musical guest on this show. Just don't tell Colson."

My head snaps towards her, surprised by this. Where was this going.

Pete laughs. "You do know that Colson is MGK right?"

She acts like she's surprised by this. "Huh, learn something new every day."

One look at Pete and I started laughing. Lily started laughing as well, smiling brightly at me. It took a few minutes for us to calm back down before we could start the next tape.

"I'm Lily Page and I'm hosting this week's Saturday Night Live with musical guest Machine Gun Kelly." Lily starts off again.

"Lily, I'd like to congratulate you on being the first author to host." Pete says. "And congrats to Machine Gun Kelly for learning how to read."

"Why thank you, Pete. It wasn't an easy task, but he can finally read at a third grade level." Lily giggles.  

"Congrats to you as well Pete." I say. "I heard that this is your last episode."

Pete laughs. "We'll see."

"And cut!" Colin calls out, smirking. "Great chemistry guys, go take a short break and we'll give you some more structured ones."

Instead of going to Pete's dressing room, we went into Lily's. I had my own, but sharing with her was just easier. Once my crew comes in they'll take my dressing room as theirs. Pete started rolling another joint as Lily and I took a seat on the couch.

"Tomorrow we will go over some sketches and then I have an interview with Jimmy Fallon that night." Lily says, looking over her schedule.

I turned to her, surprised to hear this. "I didn't know you were going to do any interviews."

"Jimmy had called when you were in the shower. You know it's hard for me to say no to him." She said, playing with her hair.

Jimmy Fallon was the first celebrity to start promoting her stuff. He'd read her first book, started taking about it online, then brought her onto his show for an interview. He even introduced her to the right people to have that book made into a movie. A movie that she met me at. In her eyes, she owes Jimmy a lot. In a way I guess I do as well. Out of any talk show host, I know he'll take care of her.

"You'll do fine." I assured her.

"Think you'll be in any of the sketches they propose?" She asks me.  

"Babe, I'll be anywhere that I can. It's your time to shine though." I kiss her lightly.

She smiles at me, going back to study her calendar. "Ash and the boys arrive tomorrow morning. That gives you guys a chance to practice while I'm at the Tonight Show. Oh, Rook says he's coming with me though, so you won't have him."

I groan. "Babe, I have to have my drummer. You can take Pete instead."

"You guys do realize that I'm right here and I also have a job, right? I'll be helping sort through sketches while she's doing the interview." Pete says.  "Also I love how she wants Rook there and not you."

"He's like my brother." Lily reminds him, grabbing the joint from his hands.

I didn't really mind that Rook was going with Lily as I rehearsed. If I couldn't make interviews, then he was always the first to go with her as support. Rook didn't like for her to go anywhere alone. She's part of the family and you'll never seen one of us alone. She's a newer edition to the family, but so loved.

"Just don't get really high and talk about my ass again though." I tease her.

It was about a year after we got together that she had an interview with some magazine. She'd forgotten about it and had gotten really stoned beforehand. During the interview she kept bringing up how she loved my ass, only not when it was clothed. Yeah, she kept talking about my naked ass and how cute the dimples on my cheeks were. It was hilarious, but we had to reschedule the interview, knowing that most of it hadn't been appropriate for the articles. I loved seeing her blush over it.

"You're not much better." Pete says. "There was that TMZ video of you professing your love for her tits."

Lily groans. "I think we need someone in control of us to stop saying embarrassing things."

I pull her onto my lap, taking a hit from the joint. "I've got nothing to be embarrassed about."

She snuggles up against me, putting her head underneath mine. "You're unapologetically you. That's one of the things I love about you. Though I wish you wouldn't say anything to sexual about me in interviews."

"Never gonna happen. I gotta let the world know what I've got locked down."