Chapter 34: Colson

After time apart it felt amazing to have her in my arms again. She looked absolutely gorgeous today. I couldn't take my eyes off of her even if I wanted to. Every time I complimented her she would get flustered, a little pink blush coating her cheeks. I had her in my arms again. The best part about it is that it was different now. She's my wife. 

"Mrs. Baker, we're home." I gently shook her awake. She'd drifted off on the limo ride home. 

Our honeymoon would be part of the tour. Due to our hectic schedules we wouldn't be able to have a real honeymoon for months. For now the European half of the tour would have to do it. We decided on staying in our home tonight, less chances of paparazzi ruining our night. The boys were staying in a hotel to give us our privacy. 

"You let me fall asleep." She pouted at me sleepily. 

I chuckled, kissing her forehead. "It's been a long day, figured I'd be a good husband and give you a little rest before a long night." 

Lily smiled at me. "My husband." 

"Come on, let's get you inside." I nudged her gently. 

I got out of the limo first, helping her out. She stumbled a bit but I caught her. Instead of letting her walk, I swooped her into my arms. Lily wiggled, wanting to be put down. I ignored her protests carrying her all the way into the house. Pausing in the doorway, I kissed her unable to stop myself any longer. 

"Welcome home, wife." I said, pulling away. 

"You're not carrying me all the way to the bedroom." She gives me a peck before getting out of my arms. 

"Not even married a day and you're already bossing me around." I tease her. 

"Oh there's a few rules for tonight." She gives me a wink. "The main one is if you rip my dress I will kill you." 

"I wouldn't dream of it." I assure her. 

She eventually wanted to hand this dress down to Casie or if we're lucky, one of our other kids. We'd talked about it not too long after she bought the dress. The only thing she'd ever told me about her dress was how much she loved it and her hopes for it in the future. After seeing it on her, I can't help but want it saved as well. 

"Those are the only two rules." She laces our fingers together. "Well, maybe there's one more. I think you'll like this one." 

"Oh? And what's this rule?" I ask, using our joined hands to pull her closer to me. 

"That you take me to bed right now." She started to pull me towards the stairs. 

I helped her with her skirts as we walked up the stairs. As we walked, I couldn't keep my hands off of her. Every once in a while I would trail kisses along her neck. The little noises she made only made my need for her intensify. At the top of the stairs I pushed her against the wall, unable to wait any longer to kiss her. Her arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer.