Chapter 31: Lily

I woke up early that morning, careful not to wake Colson as I got out of bed. Thankfully he remained passed out, snuggling into my pillow once I left. It was hard to surprise him. I wanted everything to be perfect today. Me getting up at the crack of dawn was part of that surprise. Well not quite the crack of dawn but close enough in my book. 

Mindful of the cupcake I carried, I straddled his hips. He stirred a little in his sleep, still not waking up. I lit the candle on the cupcake before I softly started to grind onto him, knowing that was the perfect way to wake him up. Another part of his body started to wake before those baby blues greeted me. 

"What's this?" He says sleepily as his hands grip my hips. 

"Happy dirty thirty." I smiled at him. 

His eyes roam the lingerie set I wore, biting his lip. "Dirty indeed." 

"Now make a wish." I say, offering the cupcake to him. 

"Fine." He grumbles, blowing it out quickly. "It's a bit too early for sweets though, don't you think?"

I pull a little of the frosting off onto my finger, sticking it towards his mouth. He sucked my finger into his mouth, licking it clean. "Good thing that it's not a normal cupcake. I found these amazing red velvet cupcakes that are some of the strongest edibles I've ever seen." 

"This is why I'm marrying you." Colson kisses me. 

We sat in bed for a bit, sharing the cupcake. He moaned as he took a bite out of it. How this man can make eating a cupcake sexual is beyond me. I couldn't help but squirm in his lap as he continued to enjoy his birthday treat. His free hand gently stroked my hips, encouraging me to keep moving against him. Colson made no other move as he finished the cupcake at his own speed. A bit of icing remained on his bottom lip. There was no resisting as I leaned forward to lick the icing off his lip, giving it a nip. 

That seemed to be the only encouragement that he needed. Suddenly i was laying on my back. Colson hovered above me, once again looking over my body with great appreciation. I had no time to say anything as his lips attacked mine. His hips grinded against mine as he deepened the kiss. My hands found their way into his hair, gripping it tightly. He didn't bother to remove the lingerie, only moving it out of his way. 

"Now that's what I call a happy birthday." Colson grins after we finish. 

I place a kiss on his shoulder, snuggling into him. "It's not over yet, only beginning. I have a few more things planned." 

"Lily, I told you we didn't have to do anything special." He groans. 

As much as Colson loves to go crazy celebrating things, he didn't always like making a big deal about his birthday. For as long as we've been together he has always said that he doesn't want me to do anything, just being there for him was enough. I wasn't going to allow that though. Especially not when he's reached such a milestone of a birthday.