Chapter 32: Colson

The girls had taken Lily early this morning. Their bachelorette started off with a brunch. I'd been hoping to just spend a morning with her, but that didn't happen. They had even taken her phone so I had no way to contact her. Funny how I had become so dependent on a woman. 

"Tonight we celebrate you being free man for only a month more." Dub grins at me as he hands me a shot. 

I take the shot, slamming the glass down on the counter. "What's the plan for tonight?"

"Club hopping." Slim informs me. "Nothing too crazy cause Rook's afraid of Lily." 

"I'm not afraid of Lily. She'd just go after all of us if we went to a strip club." Rook tried to defend himself. 

I laughed. "Yeah, no strip clubs please. I'd like to get some on my wedding night." 

No strip clubs was all she had asked of me. She was still having doubts about how beautiful she was. If she got wind of me being surrounded by strippers it might cause her to spiral. She'd been doing so well lately. I couldn't do anything that would set her back. A more tame bachelor party was fine by all means. Probably not the bachelor party a younger me would have imagined, but a lot has changed since then. 

"You know we wouldn't do anything to hurt Lily." Pete said, putting a hand on my back. 

"Let's get fucked up!" I called out, grabbing a bottle of Jameson and chugged a third of it. 

We headed out of the house to the limo that was waiting for us. More drinks took up our ride as we headed to the club. The plan for tonight was to be at a club until we inevitable got kicked out having to go on to the next one. We used to do this all the time. Now I can't remember the last time we'd done that. 

There was no waiting in line at the club, we walked right in like the VIP's we were. Fans came up, swarming us. Women began to throw themselves at us. Drinks and drugs were offered to us. Even the music changed to something we'd be more interested in. A huge part of me missed doing this almost every night. That is until my phone buzzed. 

Glancing down at it there was a series of drunken text messages from my bride to be. They didn't make sense, but still made me smile. There was even a video of her at another club drunkenly singing one of my songs. Yeah, I might miss clubbing as much but I wouldn't change my life. She was it for me. 

"Hey, no phones!" Dub reaches to grab it. 

"Nah, man." I put it back in my pocket. "I gotta keep it in case Lily needs me." 

"Pussy whipped." Rook joked. 

I shrugged. "Only for her." 

"You picked a good one, man." Slim raised a glass for a toast. "She's the only one who can put up with your shit, cause God knows even we can't do that."