Chapter 17: Lily

Nothing but a white sheet covered us. I lay there enjoying the sunlight on my skin, content with Colson's arms wrapped around me. His mouth was slightly open as he slept. Blonde hair was sticking up every which way. 

"Sleep." Colson commands as he shifts to bury his face into the crook of my neck.

"Or you could wake up." I suggest, brushing my left hand through his hair, ring glistening in the sunlight.

He opened his eyes, showing me those sleepy blues. "Don't tell me what to do."

I giggle. "We have lunch with Casie in an hour."

"Fine. We'll get up." He groans.

He sits up, the sheet pooling around his waist. Colson stretches out his arms, joints popping as he does so. I can't help but reach up and touch his tattooed chest. The smooth skin warm underneath my touch.

It's hard to look at him and fully believe that he's mine. With that perfect jawline and sexy grin he could have anyone that he wanted. For some reason he's decided that he wants me. Forever. The ring on my finger shows that he wants to be committed to me and only me. He's mine. I am his.

"Didn't have enough last night?" He asks me, looking down at the hand on his chest.

My body heats up just thinking about it. "Never."

Colson kisses me softly. "We can repeat whenever you'd like."

"As much as I want to, we can't be late to get your daughter." I remind him.

One way that Colson and I differ is punctuality. I always have to be early. He, despite his best efforts, always struggles with being on time. He's gotten better over the years. That's also partly due to me for always telling him the wrong time for things and we still barely get there on time.

We got ready with a few breaks for a bit of making out. Thankfully we only had to go across the street. That made leaving only five minutes late was easier to deal with. The door was barely opened before Casie had flung her arms around her dad. He laughed, picking her up.

"Hey, Lily." She reaches over to pull me into a hug with her and her father.

"What's the plan for today, Wild Boy?" I ask.

"I was thinking just exploring the city then we're gonna meet up with the others later for dinner." He tells me.

Ashleigh had called one of my favorite sushi restaurants last night to book us a reservation to have a small celebration for our engagement. The Mulaneys, Pete, the EST fam, and Casie would be joining us. We'd gotten a back room so that we'd be able to enjoy ourselves without too much harassment from the outside world. 

"You said yes!" Casie suddenly squeals as she sees the ring. Quickly she grabs my hand to inspect it. "Do you like it? Dad let me help him pick it out."

"I love it." I tell her.

It was the truth. The fact that she'd help pick it out made it even mean more to me. It wasn't anything too crazy. The rose gold band was twisted up until it met the small diamonds that surrounded a large oval diamond in the middle. I swear this thing sparkles in any light setting.

Colson kisses my forehead. "My girls have some good taste."

"I can't believe you asked her on television." Casie giggles.

He bites his lip from embarrassment. "It just kinda slipped out."

Casie teases him about it for a bit more until I got her to stop. Colson loves control and for something like that to just slip out on live tv. Well that's what made him such a mess last night until we talked about it.

When it had happened I couldn't believe it. A part of me didn't think he was serious. Then he'd avoided me after so I thought it was a mistake. The ring he's carried around for who knows how long proves it though. As messy of a proposal as it was, I don't regret it. It makes our story unique and slightly funny at Colson's expense.

As soon as we leave the hotel paparazzi are swarming us. We both put our arms around Casie, shielding her from the craziness. She put her face down, unfortunately somewhat used to this. We finally managed to get into our rental, still experiencing the flashes of cameras. The paps screaming questions at us through the window.

"So exploring might not be the greatest thing." I sigh.

"I didn't think they'd be this fucking crazy." Colson growls. "They normally seem to have more respect when Casie is with me. Sorry, baby girl."

"Dad, it's fine." Casie just brushes it off like that wasn't a big deal.

I grab onto Colson's hand, pressing a soft kiss to it. "They'll back off."

He was used to the press. They weren't always kind, to him or me. Usually it was something that he could brush off. When it comes to Casie getting in the middle? That was something that could make him go off. He'd come close to punching one once when they tried to grab onto her, crossing way too many boundaries. In his world, they're something that you can't really avoid.

We drove to a more central location in the city, taking a long route hoping to lose some of the paps. Colson had calmed down. After a while he started jamming out to music, singing and dancing with Casie. I couldn't help but post a video of them to Instagram. They're just too cute.

"Family picture!" Casie said as we stood in Times Square.

Colson groaned, hoping that no one would recognize him. I asked an older man, the most likely person that wouldn't know who Machine Gun Kelly was. Casie jumped on Colson's back. Colson pulled me to his side, holding me close. We all smiled for the camera.

"Thank you!" I said, taking back my phone. I pulled up one of the photos, showing Colson and Casie. "I love it."

"We'll wait till later to post it." He says.

I nodded, going ahead and making the photo my wallpaper on my phone.

We walked around the city for a few more hours before heading back to get ready for dinner. Casie had packed a bag so that she could just get ready with us. Pete has already arrived at the Mulaney's so he helped watch her as Colson and I got ready.

"You look stunning." He says, making me twirl for him once I was ready.

I smiled, embracing the compliment. I had a sparkly cocktail dress that was rose gold like my ring. It was the perfect combination. I paired it with a pair of open toed black heels, knowing that he'd love that.

Colson had outdone himself too. He wore a light grey suit with a soft pink white button up underneath. The shirt was tucked just not buttoned all the way, only about half way. His hair was styled in a slightly messy look.

We met the Mulaneys, Pete, Emma, and Casie in the living room. The seven of us split into John's car and Emma's rental. Colson didn't remove his hand from mine once.

Everyone else was at the restaurant. The back room already had several bottles of champagne in ice, ready for us. Colson and I both popped a bottle while the others recorded it.

Once everyone poured a glass, Colson stood up on a chair as he raised his glass. "To the future Mrs. Baker."

The others cheered for me as I beamed you at him.