Chapter 3

POV CAITLIN:

My name is Caitlin Snow, daughter of Dr. Thomas Snow and Dr. Carla Tannahauser. I am a bioengineer at STAR Labs and worked for a while at the Mercury Laboratory. From a very young age, my parents were my idols, so I decided to follow in their footsteps.

I have always been closer to my father than to my mother. On Christmas, we would watch old holiday movies together as it snowed for hours outside. When I was just 10 years old, my father passed away due to ALS. After my father's death, my mother started to focus only on her work, perhaps being her way of dealing with what happened, but this caused a departure from us and we are never together today.

After being hired by Mr. Wells, i met Ronnie. Me and Ronnie were like fire and ice, unlike me, he was open and outgoing. He was the love of my life, I never liked a person like I liked him, that's why when he asked me to be his wife, I didn't need to ponder the answer, I just accepted quickly.

A year later i met Cisco! Ronnie and I had a year of dating. Before leaving the lab, I met newly-employed engineer, Cisco Ramon, after witnessing him debate engineering with Hartley. We have become close friends since that day!

I still remember the day Ronnie died as if it were yesterday. There was a problem with the particle accelerator and he went to see what was going on. Minutes passed and he didn't come back, suddenly the ground started to shake and before I realized it, I ran to the door where Cisco was with the telecommunicator.

- Cisco, where's Ronnie?

- It's still inside.

- What? As well? Cisco opens this door.

- It can't, Caitlin.

- Cisco, we need to get him out of there or he will eventually die.

"Cisco, are you out there?" Asked Ronnie.

- Ronnie, it's me!

- Cait? Is Cisco there?

- Yes, I'm on the verge of it.- Cisco communicated through the telecommunicators.

- I adjusted the magnets to redirect the radius and try to ventilate the system. Thus, the explosion will go up instead of going out.

- Ronnie, listen to me, you have to find another way out.

- Cait, the door must be closed to protect you. Are you still there?

- Of course yes.

- No matter what happens, I will always love you, never forget that.

The explosion happened and he died. That day he was a hero and saved a lot of people but I would have preferred him to be alive and by my side. He was never going to come back to me and that was what cost me the most. Dr. Wells advised me to take a few days off, but I knew I would just be at home thinking about him.

With the help of Cisco, eventually I managed to recover from his death and I went back to work in the laboratory but refused to enter the location of the explosion. That place brought me bad memories and I'm not ready to overcome them yet.

In my first week back at work, Dr. Wells brought a boy into the lab who looked about my age. He was in a coma due to the explosion of the particle accelerator and the strangest thing and the reason he was here and not in the hospital, is that his heart was beating faster and faster, which was not normal.

When he woke up, he was a little confused with so many people asking him so many questions and just left the lab to get back to his normal life. It is clear that shortly afterwards, he discovered that his life would never be normal again and accepted to be part of our team and help us to capture meta-humans.

At first Ididn't really believe that Barry could run as fast as Wells told us at first, but to see if it was true or not, he had to train with us. The first day of training came quickly, after a meta-human appeared in Central City, who was supposed to be dead.

While Cisco was talking to Barry, I was together with Wells opening the program to see Barry's vital signs while he was taking the test. Then I went to his side to adjust the device that Cisco had put around his waist and he looked like he wanted to ask me something. I motioned for him to know that he was free to ask me what was bothering him and that is what he did.

- What's up? Why are you looking at me that way?

- Nothing, nothing. I was just noticing that you don't smile much.

- My promising career in being a bioengeenier is over, my boss is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life and the explosion that put you in a coma also killed my fiance. That's why I don't feel like smiling at the world.

This was the first serious conversation that Barry and I had and in the end I felt a little more relieved to have shared that with him. Who knows if in some time, we will not be good friends. Little did I know that the reason for smiling again at the world was this same boy who was on the stretcher due to the explosion that killed my fiance.