Chapter 1

Your alarm went off, once again. You ignored it and tried to go back to sleep before your little brother came and jumped on you. You were praying he used his talent for something useful, such as wrestling, but your mum is against violence so it was never going to happen.

"Get up! Your alarm has been going off for ages!" He wailed, barging into your room and almost knocking a set of drawers over.

"I'm sorry B/n. I'm just tired." You said stifling a yawn. In all honesty, this was true. You had many issues sleeping your whole life. You had tried sleeping pills, meditating, staying away from your phone, but it didn't really help. The issue continued from childhood until present day, you just chose to live with it instead of making it everyone else's problem, if that meant you got no sleep, it was your choice to decide if you wanted to be deprived or run off any caffeine possible.

However, today was a big day. You were going to see Chad. Your boyfriend from high school, and much like the Melanie Martinez song, you were "High School Sweethearts." You even managed to get into the year book with that title and a cute photo of you holding hands, everything else was viewed as too extreme for the year book. He said it was something important and that he needed to speak with you urgently. It didn't bother you that much, having serious conversations is a common part of a relationship. The main reason couple stay together is due to communication, and without that, there is no point in a relationship. It's basically over.

Checking your phone you realised that you would run late if you didn't get ready quickly, you had time, just, not a lot of it.

"B/n, I need to get changed. You need to get out of my room please." You said to the small five year old. He smiled and left the room probably to go annoy your parents. You smiled at the thought and then continued to get ready.

You took off your nightwear and proceeded to put on an outfit you were comfortable in, comfort is the most important part, unless you're going out clubbing. Even still, wearing heels leaves your feet destroyed for days. Finally, you grabbed your keys and left the house sending a text message to your parents explaining where you were going.

You continued to walk to where you were going. Your favourite restaurant. You loved the f/f there. It's always amazing and you'd never had a bad experience with the staff there, they were polite, helpful and very respectful to the worst in society when they really didn't have to be, you didn't go often, afraid it would spoil the dish you loved getting so much. Although, it was a guilty pleasure to go there when you said you weren't going to.

You arrived there a few minutes later to be greeted by your boyfriend and another girl. You assumed that it was his sister. Until you saw her kiss him on the lips and walk away. The slight blushing on both of their faces was evident that something was going on. He had never blushed like that when he was with you. Maybe you weren't meant to be after all... You sighed looking away trying to avoid drawing attention to yourself. You had seen enough already to know what was going on.

However, you couldn't stop the tears from falling. You had put so much effort and love into this man, spent your own precious time with him for him to be seeing someone else behind your back. To say you were confused would be an understatement. How long had this been going on? Were you just some sort of rebound? Did you actually mean anything to him? Surely you were just imagining things... but you couldn't be, the proof was right in front of you. You turned on your heel and walked away. You were going to stand him up. Humiliate him. He'd come crawling back eventually, even if you didn't exactly need him back. Guys like this always did.

It was probably for the best that you walked off and left him stood there as the girl came back. You received no message from him asking where you were as you roamed the street trying to head towards one of your favourite places; the music club. It was literally only a building with a bar, a dancefloor and a stage, but you enjoyed the simplicity and atmosphere. Listening to music made you feel calm. Focused. You loved the vibes there. Sometimes become very crowded, it was only a small building after all, which didn't really help your anxiety but some days it was eerily quiet and it was where you saw your favourite band have their first performance. Ever since then you've come there to see them play. You thought it was a shame for them to be such an 'underground band' when their music was so relatable, especially since people got famous over the most random things, like that girl who drew a scar on her face and her friend smeared it. You had followed the band on Spotify and made sure that you kept up to date if they were having a fan meet or something silly, some people may call you obsessed but you've seen people do a lot more than that with their idols.

You sat at one of the many tables by the bar, where you could buy alcohol, but it was mainly soft drinks and light snacks. The room was fairly empty. A few people you didn't recognise walked onto stage. They began to play a very orchestratic piece that somewhat calmed your emotions from your supposedly 'loving boyfriend' had brought to your head. Hearing it, your body started relaxing and you became caught up with the music and zoned out. It took someone four times to call you before you glanced your phone hearing it ring, let alone another time to answer it.

"Y/n! Where are you?! Our date? You're an hour late!" Came the voice you knew all too well.

"Chad. It's over. I saw you kiss that other girl. You're a user and a player. I want nothing to do with you. I'm mentally and emotionally hurt because of your actions. I can't forgive you, you changed and not in a good way at all, just stay out of my life and we'll be fine and dandy." You snapped back. You rolled your eyes, continuing to sip on a glass of water.

"Pardon me. I have done no such thing." He protested as a girls voice spoke to him in a flirtatious tone in the background of the call.

"Yeah right." You sighed, quickly putting the phone down and looking at the time. It was getting late. You had to get home. Then a familiar voice came from behind you.

"Miss. Are you okay?" She asked. You turned to face her. The girl with purple bangs. It was none other than Jirou from your favourite band. It was only then that you realised that you were crying, silly emotions.

"Gosh. I must look like such a loser standing here crying in front of one of the people I look up to."

"No. It's fine. Crying in front of people makes you strong at heart. It doesn't make you weak or look like an idiot. It's something many people can't do because of their pride." She said with a small smile, handing you a tissue from the packet in her pocket, " Would you want to meet the rest of the band? I've seen you quite a lot when we perform. We have nothing scheduled for a while and I'm sure they wont mind at all."