SIMILAR - 35

Eunsang exhaled as he exits the exam room. Junho patted his shoulder.

"Finally just one or two more exams next month, it's finally summer" Junho glanced at the depressed-looking Eunsang beside him. He didn't even look like he was even listening at all.

"Hey, you wanna celebrate this day's over? let's have a drink?" Junho rustled to Eunsang. but he doesn't respond as he continued to stare in space.

"go ahead. I want to be alone for a while," Eunsang exhaled. Junho shrugged and left.

Eunsang got out of the department building and sat on a bench inside the University.

He sat down and began to think, he tried to recall what he had answered in the exam, what pencil he used, what number he was confused about, what topic was that? why didn't he heard of it?

frustrated. he took out his textbook, scanning intensively, he realized it only made him more frustrated so he placed his book back on his bag harshly.

as he stared into space again his phone vibrated, it was a call from one of his servants. He then answered the call

"sir, Mr. Lee asked why aren't you answering his calls-" The servant asked with a nervous tone

"I was studying" Eunsang stated directly

"Your mother asked if you ate already sir, and she asked me if you had a good meal when you were here a week ago and I didn't quite know what to answer--"

"Tell her I have eaten. I had a good meal. Tell her I said Thank You"

"But sir wouldn't that be lying?-"

"Just tell her."

"But sir, Mr. Lee would fire me if-"

"Don't worry I got this,"

"But sir-"

"I said. I got this. I will take care of it, do you understand?"

"y-yes"

"Okay then," Eunsang then ended the phone call and sighed. He took a look on his phone screen, went to his contacts, and searched for his parent's number

MOM AND DAD

appeared on the screen. He hesitated to press the call button, he thought twice for a second

if he was the one to call, he would be the one to start the conversation...and Eunsang was not good at that.

He pressed the unblock button instead and waited for the call.

"Hey, you alone?" a girl stood in front of Eunsang.

he looked up and saw those familiar eyes.

"Yeah, how are you doing my gaeguli(frog)?" Eunsang teased. Hime has earned the frog nickname after Eunsang had a sketch of a frog.

"Tsk, what a jerk" Hime crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and sat down beside him.

Silence took over them for a while as they watched the athletes running down the University's field.

Eunsang took one last glimpse at his phone and once it vibrated he placed it back in his pocket.

"What are you doing here? Gaeguli" Eunsang asked and grinned at the nickname.

"nothing," Hime glanced at him.

"but let me asked you something," Hime asked.

"do you feel satisfied?" Hime asked as she looked forward avoiding eyes.

"about what?" Eunsang asked to clear it up.

"today," Hime said, which made Eunsang understand directly.

"oh," Eunsang glanced at her then looked away.

"No" Eunsang answered then slowly glanced at her from the side.

"me either," Hime stated which made Eunsang kinda shocked.

"I can't help but feel anxious about my answers, how stupid," Hime said as she released a laugh at the last part.

Eunsang just remained quiet but he could definitely relate.

"Are you gonna do anything else today?" Hime asked the quiet boy beside her.

"Yeah, I'm just sitting here I guess," Eunsang said and Hime pouted at him.

"Woah, You're so sad," Hime placed her elbow on top of her crossed legs and placed her chin on top of her open palm.

", and emo" Hime added as she scrunched her face.

"ok, are you saying staying out here is a crime?" Eunsang asked Hime in annoyance.

"N-no, I didn't mean to say that...did I offend you?" Hime sat up with a worried look.

Eunsang scoffed and ignored her.

Hime then cleared her throat.

"Hey," Hime called out.

"I told you last time, " Hime fixed her hair

"...I owe you a date" Hime continued and with that, it caught Eunsang's attention.

"yeah," Eunsang glanced at her and to the empty space between them, he realized how distant they were, or was it just him.

"Are you hungry?" Hime asked as she looked back at Eunsang.

"yeah" -EUNSANG