SIMILAR - 36

"I thought we were eating out?" Eunsang asks confusedly

"Nah, my mom chatted me to invite you for supper instead," Hime said as she skipped her way towards the doorstep of her home.

Eunsang stood still, he couldn't even step on the driveway of her home. It was a simple house but it was a bit higher than average than most of the middle-class houses.

Hime looked back at Eunsang to see him in the same look as she did when she went to his house for the first time, yet she didn't understand why he was intimidated by a simple house. Hime was about to say something to him but then the front door opened and revealed Haruto.

"Is it them Haru?" a woman's voice called behind Haruto. Eunsang felt nervous knowing it was Hime's mother. He wanted to make a good first impression.

"Yeah-" Before Haruto could even answer his mother, his mother pushed him out of the way.

"Haruto! get inside!" His mother scolded him.

"But you told me to open the door-" His mother made him flinched as she scared him by stomping her feet.

"Do you want me to embarrass you in front of your friend?" his mother glared at him which made Haruto run back inside.

Now Eunsang really felt scared. He held his breath for a moment.

Hime hugged her mother and as they parted from the embrace, her mother and Eunsang held eye contact.

"Eunsang dear, come in" Hime's mother smiled at him.

Eunsang didn't know if he should be happy or scared that she knows his name.

Hime silently snickered behind her mom as she witnesses his reaction, Eunsang glared at her and fixed his posture. Hime knew how her mom could be really excited and weird at times.

"Thank you for inviting me, Mrs. Watanabe" Eunsang walked towards Hime's mother and bowed politely.

Hime's mother fixed her gaze on the handsome boy. she smiled and stepped on the side to let Eunsang in.

He took off his shoes, as Hime patted his back.

"the dinning room's at the end of the hall, we'll see you there," Hime said as her mom scolded her.

"Hime! you look awful, go fix yourself, dear," Hime's mom playfully pinched her hips.

"Yeah, yeah! stop pinching me!" Hime ran up as she loosens up her hair tie.

As Eunsang walked his way to the halls, he took a look at the pictures that were hanged on the walls. It was mostly pictures of Haruto with fancy hats, and others were family photos. It was weird that Hime had fewer pictures of her as a kid, Eunsang has seen none so far, there were a couple of pictures of her but it was all taken when she was high school. and by the end of the hall, there was a framed picture of Hime and Minhee doing the peace sign together.

Eunsang clicked his tongue as he saw more polaroids of them together on another corner.

"don't worry, that guy's Hime's past lover," Hime's mother said from the dining room.

Eunsang entered the room and saw Haruto sitting beside his mom. He had headphones on, he then did a thumbs up at Eunsang. Eunsang then sat in front of Mrs. Watanabe.

Though no one was talking, the house seemed pretty loud or was it because of the people in it.

"Haruto, take that off!" Mrs. Watanabe slapped Haruto by the shoulders as he quickly took his headphones off.