21.

Three Days Later

I'm sitting on the steps of Four's trailer, watching Nine's car approach me. I can see Four in the passager seat from here. Three days without hearing anything from Four or Nine. The car stops and Four jumps out. 

"Hey babe!" he smiles, running over to me. I stand up and hug him. He lifts me off the ground and I squeal. 

"Four!" I growl. He puts me down then smashes his lips on mine. I kiss him back just as forcefully, I've missed him and his lips like crazy.

"Alright" Nine groans then Four is pulled away from me, "Can I say hi to my sister?"

"Sorry mate" Four smiles, rubbing his lips. 

"Hey, big brother" I hug NIne. I've missed him too, this is the longest we've been away from each other. He kisses the top of my head then pull away. 

"I'll see y'all in a few" Nine smiles then walks back to his car.

I turn to Four, "What is he talking about?"

"I got you something" He smiles, ignoring my question. He digs in his pocket then pulls out two bracelets. 

"Four" I blush. 

"That one's yours. I looked for them in green but couldn't find any" He informs me as he hands me them. 

"Four, they're so cute" I smile then look up at his ocean blue eyes, "Thank you"

"You like them? Because Nine told me you like homemade shit"

I smile harder (if possible) he had asked Nine about me. "I do but these are fucking adorable" I help him put on his bracelet then he helps me. We share a kiss. I've missed his eyes, his accent, his smell, his hair, even the scars on his face. 

"Don't tell me you cleaned my trailer" He groans. 

"Oh no, you're doing that" I smile. 

He grabs my hand, "C'mon on" he leads the way into his trailer, I close the door as he removes his shirt. 

I notice his arm, "It looks better. You must have superpowers" 

He chuckles. I walk over to him, he steps back with a large smile across his face, I push him back and he falls on the bed. He pulls me on his lap.

"You're mine" he growls as his hands move up and down my back. I nod my head then kiss his strong jawline. He pulls me closer then lays back. I leave small kisses from his jawline to his lips. I grind my hips against his. His tongue slips in my mouth. 

"FOUR! EIGHT!" Three yells from outside. I part the kiss and sit up. 

Four rolls his eyes, "We're busy mate!" 

I smile then lean back down and kiss his neck. Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! "One wants to see Eight before our lunch!" Three yells. 

"Fuck, I have to go" I climb off Four then the bed. 

He sits up and grabs my hand, "He can wait ten minutes" 

"We both know you last way longer than ten minutes"

His shoulders drop and he gives me a dumb look, "Are you complaining?" 

"No" I peek his lips, "Hurry up if you wanna come" 

He stands up and I hand him his shirt. I wait for him to be fully clothed to open the door. Three smiles, "Hey beautiful" 

"Watch it" Four growls behind me. 

"Ignore him" I give Three a quick hug. 

Four and I climb in the back seat of Three's truck then he drives off. I play with Four's bracelet. I never thought someone like Four would even look at me twice, now here he is, calling me his. I'm not even worried about One. 

"Wanna switch?" Four asks. 

"Har har har" I sigh, "How was it? After I left?" 

He peeks my lips, "Painful"

"Aw, my little baby" 

His eyes narrow then he growls. "Sexy" I laugh.

Three waits in the car as Four and I climb out. We enter the den. One's just sitting at the table, looking down. 

"One?" I ask. 

He looks up, "Four, can you give us a minute?" 

"Yeah" we share a  kiss then he leaves. 

"If this is about the-"

"It's not" He rises from his seat then closes the distance between us. "I'm sorry for sending you back. I keep forgetting that...we're a...we're a family now and you were just worried"

Was not suspecting that. I shake my head, "I left my post. I put the mission at risk" 

He sighs in frustration, "That's not why I called you...I wanted to tell you after but it doesn't feel right"

"What are you talking about?" 

"Riley...I just got the news that your mother passed away"

"What?" I whimper, "How did you-no, she can't be" I would've known.

"I'm sorry, I was..." his voice fades and a painful ringing fills my ears. Mama can't be dead. I would've known, I would've fucking known. 

"How?" I rush out, cutting him off. 

"Eight" He sighs, "The funeral's today" 

"Today? What the fuck? When did she..." I hold another whimper.

"When I send you back" 

My vision blurs due to the water in my eyes, "Russell" I cry. 

One gently grabs my arms, "I can tell him if you want" 

"No" I wipe my tears, "The funeral, did we miss it?"

"No. we'll go with you guys, if you want"

"Thank you but I need to talk to Russell"

"Stay here and I'll get him" 

I nod my head then he walks off. I walk over to the table and sit on the nearest chair. Four runs back inside. 

"Eight" He sighs as he wraps his arms around me, "One told me. I'm so sorry" 

"We didn't even say goodbye" I cry into his chest, "How am I going to tell him?"

"You're not alone. I'm right here" his voice soft and soothing but I cry harder. She died alone, one of us was supposed to be there, home, taking care of her bur we left. No one could take care of her like we could and we just left. 

As if reading my mind Four kisses my temple then whispers, "Don't blame yourself"