Bruce Banner + 78 & 66

66. "I've loved you since the first moment I saw you. And I'll love you until my last."
78. "Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I ever had to do."

This had been the last straw. I was officially done trying to figure out what on earth was going on in the good doctor's head. It was time to pack up and move on. That was how he found me, dragging my bags toward the elevator.

"(Y/N)? What's going on?"

"What's going on is... I can't take this anymore," I replied, continuing to head towards the exit.

Bruce was obviously confused, but there was something in his eyes that told me deep down, he knew what this was about.

"Please don't do this."

I whirled around to face him. "And why shouldn't I? I can't stand us dancing around each other forever! If you aren't going to do anything--"

He cut me off, his voice surprisingly controlled. "You know why I can't."

"Bruce..." I sighed, exasperated, "I don't care about that..." Pausing, I decided that it was now or never to confess. "I've loved you since the first moment I saw you, and I'll love you until my last. I don't care about the Other Guy because I know he'd never hurt me." I stepped forward and took his hand in mine. His eyes finally met mine, and on impulse, I kissed him.

To my relief, he didn't pull away. He was hesitant, but when I finally broke the kiss, he rested his forehead against mine and murmured, "Pretending not to love you was the hardest thing I ever had to do."

I smiled slightly. "No more pretending, Doctor Banner."

He returned my smile and nodded in agreement. "No more pretending."