03: Siren, not mermaid

I woke up by the sound of the waves. I freaked out for a second trying to remember my surroundings. I remembered the wound. The gash on my tail became worse. I'm such an idiot. I look at the man sleeping there. I glare at him.

I carefully slide closer to him to put my finger on his forehead to wake him up. Water comes out from his mouth. I flinched and moved back. The man sat up in confusion and looked around then his eyes landed on mine.

"AaAaAaaAAa A MERMAID," He says getting up quickly moving back away from me. His words really offended me I'm NOT a mermaid. Well, kinda but I'll never be one of those girly fishes. I glare at him again.

"I'm not a mermaid. I'm a Siren stupid land boy," I corrected him with a bit of fear in my voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry I-I just can't believe my eyes right now. I-I'm just shocked..." he apologizes.

Our friendship with mermaids was never a friendly one ever since they took out most of the siren spices for killing humans. I was one of the few who survived, along with my sister. Mermaids have everything sirens don't. Though we look similar we aren't similar. Mermaids protect humans.

"How did I get here?" He panics, looking for a way to get out. I hesitated to speak, "I saved you. If I didn't you could have been dead by now..."

"By who?" He asked stupidly.

Is this man serious? 

"By me. I could have killed you if I wanted to,"

"Thank you so much for not deciding to kill me..." He giggles nervously as he scratched the back of his head. 

"You're welcome" I sighed, "You're the first human I am actually talking to. I'm just hurt right now," I say looking down at my wound so he could notice.

"Are you okay? I-I can help you," He stutters coming up to me. I move back, scared if he'll hurt me instead. I can't trust humans so easily. "Don't worry I won't hurt you" He touches the corner of the sticking glass from my tail. I jumped. He removes his hands just so the pain will go. "Blue blood?"

"Is that wrong?" I asked wanting to know what he's thinking.

"No, I just never seen anything like it..."

I smiled and lowered my head. 

"This will hurt...a lot. Are you ready?" He gives me a warning before he pulls out the piece of glass. I took a deep breath and nodded yes. He quickly pulls the piece of glass out of my tail and throws it behind him.

I shrieked in pain. He takes off his shirt to welcome his powerful abs and tattoo. My face heats up as he uses the shirt to cover the blood from pouring out of the gash.

Why am I feeling like this?

I slowly raise my gaze up to his face. He caught me staring at him.

Then we just had the moment where we stare at each other's eyes. His cheeks get pink and imminently looks down back at my wound smiling.

 His cheeks get pink and imminently looks down back at my wound smiling