Preparations.

Thanks to those who have reached uptil here... I might be wrong about the traditions and customs as it has been a long time since I attended any wedding..😅

Lots of love to my readers, stay well ❤

" Mom and dad I have something important to say."

My dad glanced up from his newspaper. " Yes say."

"I have decided to get married. "

My mother dropped the cup from her hands. "Don't joke early in the morning. "

I am not joking. It's serious.

"You never informed that you have a boyfriend. Without meeting him how can we decide anything? Besides you are just twenty one. We don't want to marry you off so soon", my dad said.

" I hope he is a Hindu guy atleast. If not, there's no question of meeting him. Anyway we don't want to marry you off dear, focus on your career."

I want to get married.. 
I never thought that I will be arguing for getting married instead of stopping it.

" Have you watched any romantic movie yesterday? Girls fight with their parents for not getting married and here you are fighting with us for marrying?"

You know the person.

" Wait! Is it Satish, that guy with whom you hang out often? Don't tell it's him. I don't like him."

"Its Rohan."

" wait what?"

"Rohan mom."

" Are you drunk? What are you speaking?"

"He has proposed me for marriage, mom."

" You agreed?"

"Yes."

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND ANJALI!  He hasn't yet forgotten Aisha! Marrying him will be like jumping into a pyre. If you marry him you have to choose between your love  for your sister and love for your husband. You can never love both of them. Everyday you have to digest the fact he still loves Aisha."

" I am ready to face it mom. Please don't argue. I want to stick to my decision."

"Why are you doing this child?"

"We promised Aisha dii before her death to take care of each other for life."

"Taking care doesn't mean you marry the person."

"Mom, let me do this. I am not scared of a loveless marriage. "

"A loveless marriage is still acceptable but not the fact that the person whom you have decided to marry was your sister's boyfriend first and fiancee next."

"I know mom."

"You are still a child. You are not understanding the consequences. Those people who had attended your sister's engagement function will attend your marriage. A marriage ceremony between the same families with different brides. People will character assassinate you."

"I am ready with that mom."

"STOP ARGUING! Just because we have lost one daughter it doesn't mean we have lost our minds too. You won't be marrying Rohan. That's all."

Dad spoke for the first time. "My child, if you have decided this maybe there's a reason for it. We won't stop you. "

Preparations for our marriage started within fifteen days.

My parents just wants me to be happy.  Rohan's parents are more than happy that their son has decided to move on in life. Little do they know, his every action has only one name involved; Aisha.

Natasha is still angry with me. She thinks I must be having a secret crush on Rohan for which I am taking this nasty step.

My parents would have never agreed for this marriage if I would have informed them about the unwritten agreement between us, he won't love me ever, but I would have the position of his wife. I don't know why inspite of all the negative consequences, I am ready to defy all odds for him. I feel a different kind of solace thinking that I am marrying him.

Rohan's parents will come to bless me. 
By norm, he should also come, but I don't know why I feel he won't. Mom has arranged everything in our drawing room. This is the first time they are coming to our house after Aisha's demise.

I pick up a pink saree outlined with green borders. It's a kanjivaram silk saree which my mother purchased for this occassion. She helped me in draping the saree. I could not help but admire myself in front of the mirror. They arrived around 10 A.M.

I touched their feet to seek blessings.
" I don't know why both of you have taken this decision, I just want both of you to be happy together. I know it's difficult for both of you but give yourselves a bit of time and then everything will be perfect", Rohan's mother said.

"Thank you Aunty.."

"Call me mom. I will be happier", she said with a smile.

My mother blessed Rohan. I know he wasn't into it but did only for the sake of rituals.

I got a few gifts from them. After the exchange of gifts they were about to leave.

I took a glance at Rohan and found he was staring absentmindedly outside the window.

"Do, you need anything Rohan?"

"Can you show me Aisha's room?"

"Yes, come with me."

I took him to our room which my sister and I used to share. He looked as if his eyes were searching for one trace of Aisha.

Before leaving I touched their feet again.

"Aisha, as your mom I want something from you", Rohan's mother said to me avoiding everyone else's glances.

"Yes, mom, I will surely try to help you. "

"Make my son forget Aisha. He has suffered a lot for her sake. Now it's time for a new begining. Erase her memories from his mind and fill him with love. Can you bring the old Rohan in him? Witty, talkative and humorous? I too loved Aisha, but life doesn't stop with death. Make my son accept the reality. Can you promise that you will take your sister's place in his heart? "

"I don't want to remove Aisha dii from his heart, but I want to create a new place. I will try to bring that old Rohan in him. "

She smiled at me and said, "you will surely succeed."

Days passed soon. I just want a simple wedding. Tomorrow is my wedding and I am having sleepless night. I wish Aisha dii would have been here. I miss her more today.