Misunderstandings (Honeymoon).

I looked at the rugged jeans he was wearing and the white shirt informally tugged in at one end of the jeans. The familiar fragrance hit up my nostrils as he moved towards me. His chocolatey brown pupils dilated on seeing me, absorbing every bit of me. I was too shocked to utter a word and looked at him with dazzled vision.

"Hi", he extended his hand towards me in a formal way to shake it.

I was still in shock and extended my right hand. He took my hand with gentleness and gently squeezed it. Sometimes time doesn't change any thing. I forgot of my surroundings for a few seconds.

My voice shuttered when I decided to break the silence between us.

"Anshul, what are you doing here?"

"I might ask the same question. What are you doing here?"

"I am here with my husband. A small trip."

"You mean honeymoon?"

"Yeah... kind of", I said with a smile.
Sometimes I am surprised at my skill to mask my feelings so well.

"Then consider me as that ex lover who is stalking his lovE even though she is married to someone else", he said stressing a bit on the word love.

"You haven't changed. Nor has the way you can joke even in the most dire situations has changed."

"Yes but the bond that we shared has definitely change."

"I don't want to talk about those."

"So where's your husband?"

"Mmm..in.. in the hotel."

"You have come here all alone?"

"Y..yes". It was hard to conceal the dissapointment in my voice, my dissapointment in Rohan.

"Anything serious Anjali.."

"No..its fine.."

"Trust me Anjali..."

"Its.. its just a small fight. Nothing else. I just left the hotel in a hurry not thinking much about the consequences."

"You should not have left like that. He must be worried."

Worried? It was me who was getting worried and paranoid thinking what has happened to him. He is enjoying himself in room no 303.

"It's okay... I will return back.."

"No wait! I didn't mean that.. since you have come will you do something.. I mean will you dance with me?"

"What!", I asked in schock..

Memories kept flooding in my mind. How we were dance partners in high school, how we became friends after that and gradually turned into lovers, how our friendly dance moves changed into a love chemistry with time.. one dance with your ex boyfriend in a foreign country won't do any harm right?

"No, Anjali.. don't get me wrong. I am just asking for one dance. We were dance partners before. Besides it will help you to improve your mood", he said with a smile and extended his hand towards me..

"Okay... only one."

He held my hand gently and our feet moved in a synchronised manner to the music. The music was foreign yet felt good to the ears.

"You didn't answer my question. What are you doing here?"

"I am here for a summer internship programme. It's an off campus internship. "

"That's a great news! How long are you staying."

"Three weeks to be exact."

His hands were gripped over my waist like the good old times. He is looking at me with adoration.