Confession.

When I opened the eyes, I was on the platform.

"What happened to me?"

"You had fainted Anjali... Are you fine?"

"Yes... "

"I was so worried Anjali. Are you sure you are fine?"

"Yes.."

As soon as I realised Rohan was holding me by my waist and my head was in his lap.

"I am fine Rohan."

And then I came to my senses. One by one the memories crowded my mind. The way Rohan left my hand, the way I was calling out his name in panic, the way my heart pounded loudly when I realised I don't even know the station where I have to land, the way my eyes kept searching for him, the way someone touched me inappropriately in the metro and I couldn't even protect myself.

I closed my eyes once again to stop my tears from falling.

"What happened Anjali! Are you fine?"

How could he do this to me!
I told him I feel claustrophobic in over crowded place and yet he made me board a crowded metro. He purposely left my hand so that I get lost!

"Anjali?"

"Why did you do this to me Rohan?"

By this time I could no longer stop my hot angry tears from flowing.

"Why just why did you do?"

"What did I do Anjali?"

"Don't act innocent. "

"I really can't understand. What's my fault?"

"You have no fault. Every fault is mine. I am a fool to think that I occupy a position in your life. "

My lacrimal secretion was getting out of control.

"Why do you feel like this?"

"You intentionally left me isn't it? You wanted to get rid of me. You know I won't be able to go anywhere when my purse as well as my mobile is with you."

He looked at me as if I was an alien speaking in Bengali. With that innocent look anyone would melt but not me. He won't be able to act innocent anymore.

"You think such low of me?" , he said in a way as if he was hurt.

"Listen if anyone's hurt it should be me. I didn't apply any trick to get rid of you on a crowded bus. You did."

"I didn't apply any trick Anjali. You are accusing me of something which I never intended to do."

What's the thing with me! Inspite of being so hurt I melt at his words faster than an Ice-cream.

"Then why did you leave my hand?"

"You were unable to walk with this teddy. People were glaring at us. I had a trolley in one hand. I had to take care that you get a place to stand. In the rush of the crowd your hand slipped from my grip. You were standing in front, my eyes never left your sight."

This would have been the most romantic lines he ever spoke for me but I am not in a romantic mood.

"You mean to say I am totally wrong?"

"Oviously you are..."

"How will I believe you?"

"You were holding the bar with your right hand for support, the teddy was in your left hand. The red clip on your head was visible from where I was standing. A man in a pink shirt was standing behind you. A lady was standing beside you. In the nearby seat a child--"