The Ride.

I am happy with the improvements taking place in my marital life. I still do sleep on the couch while Rohan sleeps on the bed but we do not forget to exchange our pillows every alternate day. The rest of my puja holidays passed smoothly. My heart feels something these days, it has never felt before.

"Anjali, today Rohan's cousin brother would be coming to our house", my mother in law said.

"Cousin?"

"Yes, he is about three four years elder to Rohan. "

"Was he invited in our marriage?"

"Yes, but he couldn't attend as his wife was pregnant at that time. He will be coming to invite us for his daughter's rice eating ceremony. "

"That's so sweet!!"

Around 2 o' clock in the afternoon he arrived.

I touched his feet to seek blessings as the tradition runs in our family.
We chatted for an hour and so..

"So I want all of you to attend my daughter's rice eating ceremony. "

"All of us won't be attending, just Rohan and Anjali will go", my Mil said.

Deep down I was too happy to get a chance to travel with Rohan.

"And Shristi?"

"Her exams are starting soon, she won't be able to go."

Oh no!! I have totally forgotten about my exams. I haven't opened my books since Durga puja.

"Anjali, talk with Rohan and decide the gift and pack your luggage. The ceremony is just 2 days to go."

I have got only two weeks to study for my semester exams and I don't want to miss this chance of travelling with my husband. So there's one way out! Be a night owl and study for long hours.

I sat with my books and found my condition comparable with Rose from Titanic. I am lost in the sea and have no idea how to complete my syllabus. The thought of failing in my exams swung like a dagger over my head.

I didn't even realise when tears started flowing out of fear.

"Anjali! Why are you crying ? Is something wrong?"

"No... but.."

"What happened?"

"I am going to fail this time. "

"Fail in what?"

"My exams are after 2 weeks. I haven't studied anything. And I want to attend the rice eating ceremony too."

Rohan chuckles.

"You won't fail. I will help you out."

"You can't help me. I am a science student and you were a commerce student."

"So what? The basic principle of studying is same irrespective of the stream."

"So what will I do?"

"Simple. Just follow the pattern of previous years question papers. Study only the parts from where questions have been asked. Leave those areas where you consider yourself weak."

There's nothing more lovely than seeing the person you love motivating you towards your goal.

Everything in the world appears to be deceptive, especially when someone gives you study tips in a deep voice. How flawlessly he speaks!!

"Where's your attention Anjali?"

"Umm... nothing..."

"You have to complete your syllabus. So just focus."