The festival of colours.

It's a unique nature of human heart, it tries to colour itself with red everytime it gets an opportunity.

"Maa, what are these preparations for?"

"Tomorrow is Holi, your first holi after marriage so I have arranged for a puja at home. You and Rohan are going to do it together. After the puja you can enjoy by playing colours."

Rohan sleeps in the next room. I prefer reading a book before going to bed. I am kind of exited for tomorrow. Will Rohan celebrate Holi with me?

It's 6o clock and I have waken up out of excitement.

Has the water run out or what? Why is the shower not working?

Oh no! The tap isn't functioning properly. I have to make some other arrangements for taking a bath. There is an attached bathroom in Rohan's room too. I hope he will share for a day.

"Rohan are you there?" I knocked before entering.

"Yes, do you need something?"

"My shower isn't working... can I use yours?"

"Yes sure, but don't delay much."

I thank my stars today that this man is trying to be generous.

"Be fast don't delay much."

With this Rohan stormed out of the room. I had forgotten to bring my conditioner and shampoo from my bathroom.

"Rohan are you there?"

"What else do you want?"

"Can you please bring my shampoo and conditioner from my bathroom?"

Like an obedient husband he acted on my requests and left without giving me a chance to say a "thank you."

Under the hot shower I had entirely forgotten I had to be fast.
Ohh no! I think it's past twenty minutes already. I have to be fast else Rohan will accuse me of not being punctual.

I came out of the washroom in a hurry. Today I have to do the task of draping a saree without any help.

I took ten more minutes but could not figure out to wear the saree properly.

"Anjali are you done? Open the door. I am getting late."

"Five minutes please."

" I have already given you thirty five minutes, no more."

"Please... just five more."

Ten minutes passed and yet I could not drape the saree.

"If you don't open the door now, I am going to break it."

Somehow I assembled the saree and opened the door. In the process of opening the door I had forgotten, I haven't yet tucked the pleats. I stand in a mess in front of him.

"You don't know to wear a saree then why didn't you call someone for help?"

With this he kneeled down in front of me.

"Stand straight Anjali, don't shake."

Does he even understand what he is doing?

I could feel an adrenaline rush in every part of my body. My systolic and diastolic blood pressure has increased to crazy levels. My eyes are about to shut in pure ecstasy. My heart was pounding as if it would come out of my ribs. I could feel every muscle in my body contracting just with the thought that I am standing with exposed midriff in front of him.

He collected the bunch of pleats and tried to tuck it inside my petticoat.

"Anjali, make space so that I can tuck it."

I could see nothing but only his hair like the black clouds gathering the sky before it is about to rain.

I am raining inside, raining with the thought that his fingers are just a few centimeters away from my forbidden valley. My ovaries were performing salsa and my uterus was singing in joy with his every touch.

I could feel his breaths on my navel as the distance between us reduced while he tried to tuck in the plaits.

"You are done Anjali."

With this he headed towards the washroom and I played and replayed the scene in my mind.

This was bliss, pure bliss.

Why doesn't it happen everyday?

I can still feel my body heated up with what happened a few moments back.

We performed the puja together on mom's insistence. I didn't pray to gain his love. Love is to be achieved through efforts. I just prayed to God to give him the strength to cope up with his loses.

"Anjali, just change quickly to play holi."

Will Rohan put colour on me even for once?

"Rohan will you play Holi with us?"

"The colours in my life have turned black and white the day Aisha left me. You enjoy. I wont play Holi."

"Don't worry I know the way how to bring bhaiya out to play holi."

Even if he doesn't put colours on me, my heart is painted red with love. One day I shall paint his black and white sky with colours of love.

Even though he helped me out of generosity, but one day he shall do it out of love. I trust my love for him. I shall win his heart one day.

______________________________________
kehne ko jashn-e-bahaara hai, ishq yeh dekhke hairan hai
there is blossom in the environment just to say, but love is wondering after seeing this
phul se khusbu khafa khafa hai gulshan mein 
that the fragrance is displeased with flowers in the garden
chupa hai koyi ranj fija ki chilman mein 
there is some grief hidden in the environmant
saare sehme najaare hain, soye soye waqt ke dhaare hain 
all the sights are in fear, and the time is like slept
aur dil mein koyi khoyi si baten hain 
and there are some lost things in the heart
kehne ko jashn-e-bahaara hai, ishq yeh dekhke hairan hai 
there is blossom in the environment just to say, but love is wondering after seeing this
phul se khusbu khafa khafa hai gulshan mein 
that the fragrance is displeased with flowers in the garden
chupa hai koyi ranj fija ki chilman mein 
there is some grief hidden in the environment
kaise kahen kya hai sitam, sochate hai abb yeh hum 
how to say what kind of injustice is there, i am thinking about this now
koyi kaise kahen woh hai ya nahee humaare 
can anybody tell me whether he/she is mine or not
karte toh hai saath safar, faasale hain phir bhi magar 
we are travelling together, but still there is distance between us
jaise milte nahee kisi dariya ke do kinaare 
like the two sides of river never meets
paas hain phir bhi paas nahee, humko yeh gum raas nahee 
we are together but not actually together, this grief is not acceptable by me
seeshe ki ik diwaar hai jaise darmiyaan 
there is a wall of glass between us
saare sehme najaare hain, soye soye waqt ke dhaare hain 
all the sights are in fear, and the time is like slept
aur dil mein koyi khoyi si baten hain 
and there are some lost things in the heart.
Song: kehne ko jashn-e-bahaara hai
Movie: Jodha akbar.

______________________________________

This is my first attempt to introduce a romantic scene between Rohan and Anjali. I hope you will like it.

The holi romance isn't over yet, more to come. Enjoy reading. ❤

Please vote, comment and suggest edits.❤

With lots of love ❤for my readers.