Chapter 15

I walked inside my house and looked around cautiously. I wanted to try and avoid my mom. I slowly walked towards the stairs, trying my hardest to be quiet. Suddenly, Matt appeared at the top of the stairs. "Wow! What a surprise! Hey, Mackenzie, you're home late."

"Honestly, bro. Fuck you. I hate you, dude." I flipped him off.

"Mackenzie Cameron Jones, get the hell down here. Now!" I shook my head and walked back down. Matt followed me and sat beside me on the couch. I scooted away from him and he scooted closer.

"Get away from me! I'm like sweating, dude. You're blowing you're hot, stanky ass breath all over me. God damn!" I pushed him and he looked at me like he was offended.

"Cameron, why were you out without permission?" my dad asked.

I shrugged. "If I asked, you'd say no."

He shook his head. "What has gotten into to you? You've been acting out a lot lately. This behavior isn't okay, but... you need to understand that I'm not mad. I'm just..." He paused to take a deep breath. "So disappointed."

My mom looked at him. "No. We are mad. Remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Actually, I'm mad at you." He looked at my mom for approval.

She ignored him and turned to me. "So... we've decided that you need to be isolated. Your friends are obviously negatively influencing you. We're gonna keep you from school for a week and see if that straightens up your behavior. You also can't go anywhere or have your phone. You're gonna clean and stuff."

"What the hell, dude? I have stuff to do. I can't miss that much school."

"I didn't ask for your opinion on the matter. Go to your room."