Chapter Two

Olivia met up with Alex after her shift at the hospital. As her best friend and roommate, Olivia knew that she had to know about Elliot. How he was going to be coming around more often to help Olivia through the rest of her pregnancy and with the baby. Olivia made her way into the same diner she had breakfast with Elliot in and found Alex at their usual booth. Olivia had another shift early the next morning, so she was going to go back to the hospital and sleep instead of going home so she needed to talk to Alex away from their house.

"You look exhausted." Alex frowned, as Olivia slipped into the booth.

"I am... being on pediatrics is honestly one of the hardest floors to be a nurse on. Especially because I'm seeing little kids so sick and dying..." Olivia frowned, as she ran her hand over her stomach.

"You should really see if you can get transferred. You don't want to freak out and be worrying that your baby could be one of those kids someday." Alex sighed. Olivia nodded slowly before looking over the menu.

"Olivia, you must really be craving our food." An older waitress smiled as she walked over to the duo.

"Huh?" Alex asked as she eyed Olivia.

"I came here for breakfast this morning... with Elliot," Olivia mumbled, as she focused her eyes on the menu.

"What can I get you two?" The waitress asked as she sensed the tension between the two girls that usually came in at night and talked for hours before heading their separate ways.

"We need a minute." Alex huffed. The waitress walked away and Alex ripped the menu out of Olivia's hands.

"I'm starving, Alex. Can we please just order and fight tomorrow when I get home?" Olivia frowned.

"Why were you here with Elliot? Because I told you that you weren't in the right place to attempt something with Elliot again. You aren't even with the father of your kid." Alex huffed.

"Okay, Alex... Hanson will never be ready to be a father. He also wasn't ready for us to be in a serious relationship. So never bring him up... and Elliot and I aren't dating or anything. He just wants to help me out. He wants to help support me because I can use all the support and love that I can get." Olivia frowned.

"I'm helping you, Olivia! All of our friends are helping you! You don't need him!" Alex spat. Olivia shook her head before slipping out of the booth.

"You aren't my boss, Alexandra. Elliot was the first man I have loved, and if he wants to be back in my life he can be. So why don't you just screw off." Olivia huffed. She stomped away from the booth as hot tears streamed down her cheeks.

She knew that Alex wasn't going to be happy when she found out about Elliot, but she didn't get a say.

///

Olivia was so pissed off that she ended up driving out to see Elliot. She parked outside of his house and rang the doorbell a few times as she tried to stop crying. She hated it when she fought with Alex, and this time it wasn't different. 

"What the fuck do you... Olivia?" Elliot asked, calming down when he realized that Olivia was the one ringing his doorbell. He was going to say something else, but Olivia had stepped forward and was hugging him tightly.

"Alex is such a bitch sometimes..." Olivia sniffled into Elliot's bare chest.

"What did she do?" Elliot breathed, as he rubbed Olivia's back and held her close. He loved having her in his arms and always had. No matter who he was with, he also found himself comparing those women to Olivia. No one could compare to Olivia in many ways. Like her compassion, beauty, and even her laugh. 

"She is just hating on me because I want you back in my life... she thinks that I only want to fuck you, which isn't true!" Olivia cried. She clung to Elliot, before being helped into the house they used to share.

"I understand why she's being protective." Elliot frowned, as he shut the front door before locking it. He moved and turned on a lamp before pointing at the couch.

"I was the one hurt by you... not Alex. But even after 12 years of us being broken up and living our own lives, she still hasn't forgiven you but I have. I know that you have been struggling with so much. With your father continuously telling you that you will amount to nothing. It led you to do so many wrong things, but I understand."

"If Alex thinks that I'm not good for you... then maybe I'm not."

"Elliot, we aren't running off and getting married! We are just going to be friends again! I want you to be around me and my baby!"

"Hey, calm down. Just breathe." Elliot spoke, as Olivia started to sob. He sat down beside her and held her close as she let everything go.

"My friends are the only people that stick around. You and I broke up. Hanson and I broke up... it's a mess! All I want are friends, and I'm not actively seeking a relationship and I wish that Alex would understand that!" Olivia sobbed.

"Liv, look at me," Elliot spoke gently, as he pushed her hair away from her face before gently cupping her cheeks in his hands.

"Elliot." Olivia whimpered.

"I'm never going to leave again. I will stand beside you through this all. I love you, and that will never change and never has changed." Elliot breathed. He leaned close and placed a soft kiss to Olivia's forehead.

Olivia looked at Elliot for a moment before pressing a firm kiss to his lips before snaking her arms around his neck. Elliot stopped her, even if he didn't want too.

"Elliot... why don't you want me to kiss you?" Olivia whimpered.

"I want to... but Liv you are exhausted and emotional. I don't want you to regret doing this and for me to lose you again. So I'm going to go grab you something to change into to and then you can get some sleep. We can talk in the morning." Elliot breathed. He had really wanted to continue to kiss Olivia. To make love to her. But he wouldn't hurt her again.

Hey guys, thanks for and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D