What makes us

The team was back in the gym, preparing for a competition that could possibly make or break them. They have had too many close calls and falling short. A routine that would break the other teams confidence, that's what they need.

Florence had found a song and instantly knew who the center was going to be.

"Alright team. Competition is in exactly a month, and it could be our final chance to prove that we are a superteam. Needless to say, I have picked our song for the routine and I have even picked the center too."

Everyone ooed.

"What is the song?"

"Stamp your Feet by Donna Summer. A confident song, with a loud sound and a vibe that is like 'We're here and we are going to bring the show down!' But, like as in we're super confident."

"Who is the center?"

Florence looked at Jackie.

"This song, I had a lot of contenders for this routine, it was somebody who looks and seems confident, and somebody who has always wanted to be the center ever since I met her. And it's Jackie."

Jackie looked shocked but she was holding back something that she had wanted to say.

"Well actually, I want you to be the center of the routine. You work so hard to supply for our team, and I feel like you would give this routine the extra BANG that it needs and not me."

"Yeah!"

"Totally!"

"You deserve it!"

Florence looked at Jackie.

"But are you sure about this?"

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, It's settled, I'm the center of Stamp your Feet! Actually makes things a little bit easier..."

They went to practice on the song.

"Just follow me and don't be so stiff with your movements. Understand the song and the total vibe that it gives off. Think confident, and maybe a little bit dominant."

The song started.

Florence started the song by clapping her hands up in the air.

A move that slowly came down into a twist and turn followed suit.

The dance screamed elegant but still had it's confident and assertive mood. With spins and professional dance moves, it could be used at a dance competition.

Some of the moves repeated, others were totally unique. It was also a little bit like Jump and In This Diary. The difficulty of the moves just like Jump and the emotion and message just like In This Diary.

"S-T-A-M-P!"

Every second seemed to explode in a dance move that was both powerful and elegant. It could be a winner, it felt like a winner, but what if those feelings were wrong? They had tricked the team many times.

This dance was to prove Baron wrong. Baron could never create a routine with heart, and blood, sweat, tears, Baron is a heartless coach, he would force one of the choreographers to make a routine last minute and it would most likely end up winning. Prove Tina wrong, as her passive words were cold as ice and still could be heard. Prove Sandra wrong, because they claim that the Angels never have any energy when they perform. Prove the others wrong because even they could be wrong too.

"Now that everyone has an overall feel of the song, it's time to place everything where it needs to be."

Florence started to go into coach mode, putting girls where they need to be and what they have to do in the overall dance.

"There is a part where we all go into a circle and do a half spin in the circle."

Doing the moves only took a few tries at most, but mostly one or two tries. The dance was easy to learn although it was a dance that had looked hard to do. It was very stamina draining just to look at.

"We also have to do a jump just like this."

Florence demonstrates the move with ease. It looked like a professional dancer's move. Elizabeth was the most impressed.

"I didn't know you had so much grace while performing leaps like that!"

"Oh it's nothing."

The ending was going to have 4 stunts in the background, which meant that 16 girls would be doing the stunts in the background, the rest would be doing the finale pose.

"Left to right in Flyers are Frances, Cindy, Cecilia, and Hannah."

Frances, Cindy, Cecilia, and Hannah got in the back.

"The girls who will be dancing the whole time will be me, Jackie, Michelle, Anna, Pamela, Olivia, Ai, Sasha, Victoria, Cristina and Kate. Everyone else will be doing the stunt in the end."

The rest of the girls chose their flyer. Frances had Brenda, Ivonne, and Wendy. Cindy had Sheila, Lisa, and Ronnie. Cecilia had Tina, Georgia, and Natalie. And Hannah had whoever else was left.

"The ending pose for the flyers will be to do a split lift in the end."

After all was done and prepared, Florence felt as if her routine was done. It just needed to be done in practice.

"Ok, let's run this routine from the top."

Florence turned on the song and as soon as the song started, the moves started. The claps in beat were the first part of the routine. It was a total wake up for the crowd, get out of your seats and start moving to the beat! Every move flowed like lava, and it went to turn out to be as precise as it could.

Every jump, every leap, every spin there was, it was done as if the whole team has 10+ years of experience. Not everybody on the team was a natural born dancer, but this dance could make them look like they were. It was not a hard routine to learn, just a little fast in tempo.

"S-T-A-M-P!"

Every loud word of the song seemed empowering and only caused them to execute their moves more. More precisely, more emotionally, more daring, and more confidently. They seemed to find their confidence that was lost and torn apart after loss and loss.

When the routine concluded at last, a sense of relief went about in the team. Another routine was done, and even if it was not going to be a winner, it strengthened the teamwork in the team.

Who needs a win to prove that your team is the best team? The only thing a team needs is teamwork, trust, and patience. Even if your team never wins, that doesn't mean that they will never be the best in your eyes.