Cupid's Game

Greg was sitting in his room, looking over a spreadsheet that he made. This spreadsheet had every single second planned for each guy and his girl. He spent all of his free time during the day making it and endless sleepless nights finalizing each detail to a T.

Pete quietly entered the room.

"So, how'd it go, Mr. Loverboy?"

"Believe it or not, Greg. She said Yes."

Greg breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god! I didn't mess you up for once!"

Pete shook his head.

"What makes you say that?"

"It's nothing, it's just my insecurities getting to me again, don't sweat it. I'm all right."

Pete looked at Greg and noticed his eye bags were wider than last time.

"Greg? Uh, when did you last sleep?"

"47 hours ago."

"Greg!"

"What?"

"You need to sleep!"

"I can't. There's so much unfinished work that I have to do, like you and Brooke are a fabulous couple, and I'm so glad it worked out."

"But..."

"I'll probably take a nap when you leave."

"Well, ok. I gotta go, Greg. I promised Brooke I'd walk her around campus."

Pete left and closed the door. Greg's eyes weren't tired, he just needed to steal some makeup from one of the girls and he'd look fine. It was just that Greg didn't know how to do his own makeup without looking like a circus clown.

"Maybe I just need another cup of coffee."

Greg sipped the coffee and then he fell asleep.

It was late at night when Mike knocked on Greg's door.

Greg woke up and picked himself off of the floor.

"Hey, Greg. You in there, are you asleep?"

Greg yawned and sheepishly walked to the door.

Mike saw Greg looking tired.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your sleep."

"No, my sleep schedule is all over the place. Anyways, what do you need?"

"Can I come in for a second? I'll be quiet."

"Sure."

Mike came in just as Greg passed out.

"He must have not slept in a week to be passing out like that."

Mike went over to Greg's desk and saw all of the elaborate plans and tracings of each couple.

"Greg really does work hard."

Mike just looked at Greg.

"I should go now."

The next day at school, Greg was back to normal, he was sitting at a picnic table when Pete came to him.

"I guess you finally slept."

"I slept like 16 hours."

"You know who would get a kick out of that? Cindy. Girl sleeps 20 hours a day."

"How do girls like her do that?"

"I don't know man. But trust me, you deserve it. You're the one who's working overtime and you do all the hard work."

"What can I say? I might be ugly but that doesn't mean I can't be a smooth talker. Oh, by the way, I'm having a meeting with the boys if you want to come. You're taken now so you don't have to."

"I'll think about it. Maybe if it's good I'll come."

During lunch in the cafeteria, Greg, Mike, Brad, Chris, and Jake were all staring at what looks like a board game.

"Greg, is this a board game?"

"No, it's my plan."

"And you're doing it on the Candyland board game?"

"I'm not good at drawing backgrounds, and I just got this from that one hallways closet filled with shoe boxes."

"Let Greg talk, looks don't matter."

Greg picked up the red piece.

"This red piece is Chris. The blue is Mike, green is Brad, Yellow is Jake. Mike will be next to do and the only problem there might be is starting a conversation because you and Lisa get so red and can only stare at each other."

"Hey! We talk to each other."

"Barely. It's like a hello before you both run away like scaredy cats."

"We've been getting more friendly."

"Let me rephrase it, like Acquaintances more or less. Anyways, I'll talk with Lisa and I'll tell her to meet you on the bleachers."

"That's not very romantic."

"We don't have much to work with, Mike. Where was I? You and Lisa will have some chit chat until you can get your points across. You know? Make it as cheesy or romantic as you want, I only do the planning and setting up here."

Greg gave the blue piece to Mike.

"Next up."

Greg picks up the red piece.

"Chris. Pamela is definitely a talker, and she will talk your ear off for a while. I've arranged this. I bought a stuffed teddy bear with a Green Bay sweater on it for you to give to her."

"And the location?"

"There's a hidden balcony that you can access through the janitors closet on the second floor. Take her there and I'm sure she would love all the detail."

Greg threw the red piece to Chris.

"After Chris, is Jake."

Greg picked up the yellow piece.

"Some say that yellow is the color that is looked over or often made fun of. And yellow describes Jake as a person. Player 4, like on the wii. You know, Rachelle told me that she prefers to be player 2 or player 3 over player 1."

"She did?"

"Yeah, she did. And Jake, I would say. Just don't treat her dirty or else she could literally bite you where it hurts. She might look and act intimidating, all you need to do is thaw her cold heart, that's it."

Greg threw the yellow piece to Jake.

"And finally, the green piece, Brad. The reason I picked green was because of Elizabeth's hair. Some might complain that colored hair is disgusting and vile. Personally, you could express yourself in any way. Also, you and Elizabeth have like a 5 month age gap or so. You have the baby of the Angels."

"But she doesn't act like one Greg."

"Brad, she's not one to act like a baby. She's from the big city. It's the only way she knows. She might think that you're just insecure. At the worse, she'd punch you."

"How is that supposed to encourage me?"

"I just have one bit of advice, don't be too cocky and don't be insecure, that's all I have to say."

Greg threw the green piece at Brad.

"Life is like a game, it's all in your hands. I've for now done what I have done. The next thing is you four need to finish what I started. I'm not perfect, but I'm sure that at least one or two of you will have a girlfriend at the end of this. Good luck boys."