Stay or Draft?

Today was the day. The day of decisions. Both teams were in the same gym, and both coaches were there.

"AND ACTION!"

The cameraman's words would be the last time they would be heard. Today was the last day of filming after all.

A guy went to the center of the floor, holding a card.

"The two coaches have to try and get the other team to join them. Who will it be? Phoebe? Or Florence? It's up to the team to decide. And the question is: Why would I want to join your squad?"

First up was Phoebe, she went up to the center of the gym floor as everybody else watched her sternly.

"Why would you like to join my team? As a coach, I am responsible, realistic, and ready for action. My routines are always full of action and never dull. If you go with me, I'm sure you won't regret a thing! Promise me."

Pete whispered to Chris.

"Are you sure about that?"

They both giggled, Phoebe noticed.

"What are you two laughing about?"

"You lack detail."

"Fine! If that's how you want it, Chris. My name is Phoebe Horvat, I'm from Massachusetts and I'm a cheerleading coach. I coach and cheer in a way that has never been done before, and my team is always happy and understanding around me."

"That's a lie and we both know it!"

Phoebe glared at Mike.

"Shut your mouth you ignorant jerk!"

Ronnie whispered to Kate.

"Ooh, It's getting hot in here."

"Like a fight is about to happen, I want to see more go down."

That guy cleared his throat.

"Um ok? Next up is Florence from the Angels."

"I WASN'T DONE!"

"Nobody cares, Phoebe."

"Fine, nobody cares about anything, oh my needs, oh, my wants, zero, zilch, nada. Non existent."

Florence started to chuckle.

"You're just trying to make up sympathy for yourself, even you are running out of ideas."

"SHUT UP!"

The room was quiet for a moment until Florence walked up to the center of the floor.

"My name is Florence, and if you do not know, I am the founder and current coach of the Angels superteam. As a coach, I treat all cheerleaders equal, regardless of looks, skills, and backgrounds. This team is more like a family to me and they mean the whole world to me. It was never easy to get here, we all experienced tough times, nothing was ever handed on a silver platter. And that's our motto. You work hard for what you want and it will be rewarded in your efforts. I could give a big speech on how we got here, but we've all been through a lot and I don't want to bore you or be like a broken record player, do i? No. To wrap this up, all I want is nothing else but all of you to come join the Angels."

Florence stepped back.

The guy came back up.

"That was actually very motivating. Anyways, Now's your time to make a decision as a team. Will you stay with Phoebe? Or will you all get drafted to the Angels? Remember, you can't split up, you are all a team."

The other team huddled and pretended like they haven't made a decision.

They knew exactly who they were going to.

"We made a decision!"

Tracy's voice echoed through the room and suddenly, both coaches got nervous.

All 16 of them were in a pack, and they slowly walked towards Florence.

Phoebe became enraged at them.

"WHY NOT ME? I LITERALLY RAISED YOU ALL! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?"

Maya looked towards Phoebe.

"Sorry, we don't want a dictator, we want an actual coach."

"WHAT?"

The rest of the team hugged all of the Angels.

Florence smiled and the rest of the Angels laughed.

Phoebe was still glaring at them.

"UGH!"

She stormed out of the room, the same 3 cameramen were following her.

"STOP FOLLOWING ME FOR ONCE!"

The doors slammed.

"AND SCENE!"

The cameramen said that for the last time, all of the Angels laughed.

They stopped hugging and they separated.

"Now is the time I can officially call you all Angels. You've been through a lot just to get here."

"But we made a lot of mistakes."

"None of them were your fault, Iris. I think we all knew that there was no way you would go back with Phoebe."

"Never."

"Not in a million years."

Florence giggled.

"So, how many Angels are here now? I think 32."

Florence looked away sadly for a second. Ai noticed immediately.

"Florence, what's wrong?"

"Oh, it's nothing."

'Yeah, we are a team, but we aren't complete? What about all of the ones that we had to leave behind? Do they think of us at night? Did I hurt them because they had to leave? Or do they support us from the sidelines? I don't really know, but I think I have an idea, maybe not all of them can come back, but if they all came back just for at least one performance, then I'll be happy for the rest of my life'

Florence suddenly looked at the team.

"I have an idea, but it's going to require a lot of patience and time. And maybe even some special guests might come along for the ride. Who knows? Maybe it will happen or maybe it won't."