Saying Goodbye

Florence woke up and knew that today was going to be a bad day.

She had a feeling as her feet touched the ground.

It was July going into August and a new cheer season was going to be starting soon.

But instead of feeling happy, she felt worried.

Why?

Because she knew something bad was going to happen.

Not everything can stay perfect and balanced forever.

Florence walked down the stairs and grabbed an apple, she noticed Brenda and Diana speaking in hushed whispers to each other, Brenda nervously playing with her camera. Florence knew something was wrong.

"Hey, what's up?"

Brenda nervously bit her lip and Diana looked scared.

"I'll tell her."

"Tell me what?"

Diana took a deep breath.

"You're going to hate us for what we are going to say."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh god, how do I say it? You see, Brenda and I are homesick."

"Homesick?"

"And we don't think that we can make it next season to be with you all."

"What?"

"I've had these feelings for a while, I can't be here any longer. Brenda feels the same way."

Florence sighed. She almost started to cry because she believed that she failed them.

"I can understand. I'll buy you two plane tickets so that you can go home. I know this place was never a home, more like a place to eat and sleep."

Diana could understand Florence's sadness.

"Don't think that this is your fault, it's not."

"No no no, it's alright. Take as much time as you need, I understand."

"Thank you."

Diana left the room, with only Florence and Brenda left.

"Here, you can have this."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, because you can make even more memories with this, I know you'll put it to good use."

Brenda left the kitchen leaving just Florence and the camera.

The day seemed to go by pretty fast until about 9:00pm. Florence was working at her office when she started hearing somebody excessively coughing in the bathroom. It came along with the sound of vomit shortly after. Florence went to the bathroom and opened the door.

Inside was Frances, who had her face covered in blood.

"Oh my god! Frances! Are you ok?"

Frances could barely move.

"Oh no, uh, uh."

Florence whipped out her phone and called the hospital. Frances was somebody who had a very weak immune system, and would often get sick, but never something like this.

Two guys ran into the bathroom and took Frances on a cot, Florence's eyes were full of tears.

She finally broke down in tears in the bathroom, this was starting to become too much for her for handle.

Maybe going to bed will fix all of this, maybe it will fix a broken heart.

Florence fell asleep for about 6 hours.