meo tantum, sperarepart 1 (pars una)

Hope's POV:

After the talk with Josie, I was supposed to go straight back to Malivore, and watch over it, but I really need a shower, so I visit quickly, casting a spell, to keep a watchful eye on it for me, until I return. I head to the house quickly for a shower, and I steal Josie's clothes, wearing a big flannel i found, with a simple sports bra, and some jeans. I can still smell her on the flannel- OK NOPE THAT'S A LITTLE CREEPY HOPE. I snoop around a bit, looking around the room, checking things out properly for the first time. I look around the room, nothing particular catching my eye until I look in Josie's wardrobe, and see that some blankets are covering something. I pull the blankets off, uncovering a small collection of dvds. I smirk looking at the first one. "Oh Josie~ how bad of you." I put it down, not bothering to cover the stash. I can't wait to tease her about this. I snatch a pop tart from downstairs, grabbing a bottle and filling it with water. Ethan texts me to hurry up in preparing for the festivities. I make my way over, and as I do, I finish off my yummy morning treat. When I arrive, Maya is nowhere in sight, so I work with Ethan, while he flirts away. as much as the gesture is nice, I'm not particularly into him. I blame Josie for that. As I work, I suddenly feel a hand on my ankle, and a voice beckoning me to get my 'short ass under the table now.' I crawl underneath the table to find a seriously pissed off Lizzie. " You were supposed to be keeping an eye on the portal to Malivore." She rolls her eyes, as I snap back a quick response. "I' literally on top of it. Ok? Nothing's gone past me." "Clearly not on top of it enough, or do you need to get your eyes checked Hope? A zombie thingy with the malivore mark made it's way into school today, just after you left. And yes I'm sure it was the mark of the pit, it was carved into it's skull." She says before I can counter. "If you stopped flirting with the football guy who Josie broke, you would've noticed." "Josie did what wi-" "NOT LIKE THAT! You know what I mean. She broke his bones asshole." "Oh. OH. Right, yeah. That's totally what I thought you meant." She smirks, thinking of something, a big smile plastered on her face, "Oh yeah that reminds me, Hope, we're gonna have a great hang out day!" "Now hold on a sec-" "Nope. Not hearing it. If you don't want me to spill my guts to Josie, you're going to have to last the day with me." She pokes me. I sigh. "Why is that last part, the hanging out bit, harder for me to understand than the rest of the bullshit you've spewed." "OUch. Mean." I sigh, slapping her arm. "Let's go."I slowly crawl out from under the table, dusting myself off to be caught by the Councilman. "HEY! You two. You're jobs aren't to be up to no good under the tables. I will not let you hormonal teenagers get in the way of preparing for festivities, so get to it." He says as Lizzie pops out from under. I send her a scowl and she has a wide smile, "Oopsie Hope. Guess we got caught in the act." She laughs, holding her sides. "I will never understand you, Lizzie Saltzman."