Hayley Marshall (part II)

Hope's POV:

I take the prism out of the basket slowly, holding it close, walking towards the dock with Josie. I sit there on the dock, a moment, holding her hand, the other occupied by the prism. I inhale, then exhale, focusing. And then I hear her voice. My grip tightens on Jo's hand, as she rubs soothing circles on the back of it, smiling at me. "M-Mum?" I look up at her, knowing it's only a figment of my conscience that is being manifested in front of me, but I look to her, smiling, and she feels so real. "My little girl." Josie smiles at me, urging me to talk a bit. "I-I'm seventeen now. Oh. And I have a girlfriend- J-Josie, meet my mum, Hayley. Don't worry, dad approved. R-Rebekah gave us the talk as well." Hayley nods, "You've grown so much. I hope you have been  writing the stories you will tell me when we will meet again. I want all your little stories. You're my little miracle." I shed a tear or two, Josie slowly pulling me into her lap, wrapping her arms around me, warmth encasing me. Hayley's gaze is keen on Josie and I, her giggle clear as day. "You take care of her Josie Saltzman. You love her, and you make my little wolf happy." I look up at her, groaning, whining for her to stop. Josie just kisses my cheek, shushing me, agreeing. Hayley spends some time talking to Josie, as I keenly listen, pressing my head against Jos' chest, listening to her heartbeat, her breath hitching, and my mum's smirk radiating, so much so I can feel it. She makes a remark about it, facing her attention to me. We talk as the sun has set and gone, darkness setting in. Before we say our goodbyes, she gives me the word of approval, and then it's all over. But I still feel whole, even if she didn't stay forever, I had my moments, and I could continue to do so if I chose. Josie holds me close, as more tears slip, and she wipes them away, smiling, and pressing her head against my own. "You showed me a part of you today that people only dream of seeing from someone. Thank you." I smile, tear streaking down my cheek, and she kisses my nose. "Shall we get going, cutie?" I blush furiously, nodding, packing away the beignets left over, along with the slice of quiche, and the drinks. I put everything in the back of the car, and Josie's towards the front, not facing me, so I sneak behind her.

Josie's POV: 

I held the talisman Hope for my birthday, holding it tight, before slipping it into my pocket. As I turn around, I'm given a shock, Hope behind me, surprising me. She smiles, cupping my face and kissing me, as I scoot onto the hood of the car, as not to fall from my knees giving out. I smirk into the kiss as she pushes me back slightly, leaning in. I break apart from her a moment, "Your aunts will kill us. More later? I promise." I give her a smile, blushing immensely, and she helps me off of the hood, taking me to the passenger side door, opening it.

Sorry, I know it's a short one. I promise I'll do better next time 

-Rainbowheelies