Café Du Monde

Hope's POV:

I start driving, squeezing Josie's hand, smiling. I want to take her everywhere, but I think it's best that I should start off in the Quarter. I drive, keeping my eyes on the road, while Josie picks some music to listen to, making my way to the quarter. I park just outside the quarter, opening Josie's door, to which she steps out, kissing me on the cheek. I cover her eyes with my hands, whispering in her ear, guiding her to the Voodoo Museum's doors. I open the door, keeping her eyes covered the best I can, "I'm not going to be murdered am I, Hope? Because we've only just started dating, and that would be unfortunate." I giggle, pulling my hands away, letting her open her eyes and take it in. I smile at the boy manning the desk, telling him 'Hope Mikaelson,' and he crossed our names off of his list. "Please refrain from touching some of the displays. Otherwise, please enjoy!" I smile at him nodding, wrapping my arms around Josie, "Want to take a look around?" She turns to me and kisses me softly, a glimmer in her eye. "Duh." 

I showed her around, never leaving her side for a moment. While small, it was such a wonderful little museum to visit, a must see when in New Orleans. After we'd finished our little exploration of the museum, I suggest getting a bite, proposing we go to the Café Du Monde, where we could enjoy some beignets. We make our way to Decatur Road, over to my favourite beignet spot in the whole world. As we enter, I see a familiar face, and smile, "Hope Mikaelson! You're home. It's been a while." I nod, holding Josie in my arms, "Just for a little while. You know I have to visit to get my supply of beignets. How are you doing, Ms. Fernandez?" She gives me a warm smile, seating us, "All is well. The kids are fine. How's the family?" "Swell." She chuckles, "Your food will be out in a second." Josie looks at me, questioning our little conversation. "She owns the place. And she's getting my usual. You'll love it, I promise." I look around at the amount of customers, not in the slightest surprised. A short while later, the beignets arrive, and I can feel my mouth watering as they're brought to our table. Josie giggles, "I wish you could look at me like that. Now close your mouth, you'll catch flies otherwise." I turn a deep red, whispering, "I do all the time," my knee bumping into hers. I grab a beignet, putting it into my plate, and Josie grabs hers, then takes a small bite, getting powdered sugar all over her nose. I lick my thumb, reaching over and wiping the sugar off of her nose, smirking. "I need to use the bathroom Hope, I'll be back in a moment." She then runs off, giving me enough time to ask Ms. Fernandez for a favor. I whisper it in her ear quickly, and she grins wide, showing off her show stopping smile. "Of course, Hope. Give me a moment, it'll be out shortly." Josie returns with a confused look on her face, "You ordering more?" I smile, "I needed a favor to ask is all. We head to Rousseau's next, then somewhere special to me." 

Ms. Fernandez arrived with a basket, and I smiled, paying the bill and thanking her, giving her a hug. I promise to come around again, before I wrap an arm around Josie, turning on my heel and leading her out, now on  our way to find Rousseau's. 

Josie's POV: 

I excuse myself quickly after Hope does the affectionate little thing with my nose and the sugar. I run off trying to find the bathroom, and when I do, I lock myself in, blush creeping up, and spreading across my face. I take a moment to calm down, and stop thinking about how much she makes me melt. Her gestures are so heart warming and adorable, it drives me mad. I wish I could kiss that pretty smile over and over. Oh- right. Forgot I need to pee. 

After I finish up in the toilets, I go back to find Hope, having just finished asking Ms. Fernandez for something. Maybe they were just talking about her kids? Or the food? We wait a bit for her to return, with a somewhat heavy looking basket, and I look to Hope for any hint as to what it might be. I thank the lovely woman, and Hope says she'll come back again, but she shows no indication of giving me the hint I so desire. I guess I'll have to be patient and find out. We now make our way back to Rousseau's, where I'd flung Freya across the bar with my magic... oops.