meo tantum, sperare part 3 (pars tres)

Hope's POV:

"I'm back too." Josie. Jojo. Josette. She screamed an incantation, blasting it towards us both, time freezing. The Croatoan vanished. I saw her fall slowly, and I swept her up in my arms, as Lizzie squeaked her name. I cradled her in my arms. "Jojo. I am so sorry." I muttered to the unconscious girl.  That was then. Back to now ->

I instruct Lizzie to tuck her into bed in my room, and watch over her while I take care of the Croatoan. I find it in the forest, MG running to my side, throwing me the necklace of the creator of the monster. I launch a spell, using the talisman, at the Croatoan, turning it to goop. 

I head back to my room to find the two bickering. I quickly grab my bag. I plan on going to Commonwealth day, though there's no point really, since my parents are dead, and Freya can't come. I look at them both, nodding, trying not to break eye contact with Josie, but she glances away. "I didn't want to hurt you." I say, before nodding, before walking out, I look at Lizzie, "OH by the way, I saw a dude that was eerily similar to the guy you made up with MG earlier. You may want to talk to him." She raises an eyebrow as I leave. I hear the scuffle of nervous feet and low whispers, walking right out, heading to town. I stay by my lonesome, stabbing at my mashed potatoes. 

Josie's POV:

I decide to sit on the docks after the intense stare off between Hope and I.

I filled this hole inside me

Trying to make me feel a little less empty

But every glance sparks a new fire within

Not being able to remember, drove me crazy

I try to stop thinking about what we could have been

Because I want to start anew

My heart's still singing her tune

And it all points to you

Do you not realize how you make me swoon?

I'm picking up the pieces

I want to try again

My yearning to hold you increases

It doesn't matter to me when, 

But I wish to kiss you and hold you, my friend. 

I take a deep breath, shivering. As much as I wanted all this, there was still the elephant in the room, Landon. She had jumped into Malivore to keep him safe. Surely she wants him back, and I have no doubt he would like her back as well. Like I've said, I'm willing to wait, but it may break me. I hear a scuffle of feet behind me, and Landon appears. I don't even need to look at him, "Look. I know who you're going to choose Landon, I'm not that stupid. Please don't make this anymore difficult. I'm not going to pretend I don't have feelings for Hope too. I have something to do, is there something you wanted?" He sits next to me, and I scoot away. "Will we still be able to stay friendly? I would really like that Josie," he says softly. Bird brain. God I hate that he's actually trying. "Yeah, sure I guess... give me some time." I get up, thinking a moment, "I need to make a quick phone call." 

Hope's POV:

I'm debating ditching this fucking popsicle stand. Everyone is happy, with family. People are happy, their memories restored, shouldn't I be filled with something too? I want my family. I want- "Hope?" I turn around blinking, a rush of tears coming to my eyes as I spot her, "Aunt Freya?" I croak, as my voice breaks. I run up to her, capturing her in an embrace. Behind her I see Josie. She looks quite sad. I cry a bit, squeezing Freya hard. "Hope- I- Can you turn down the squeezing a bit. Your girlfriend knocked me out against a bar stool with her magic." I turn bright red, as does Josie. "I-We're-" "You two need to talk it out. I'll give you a couple minutes. Then pack your bags because we're going to spend some time together. I'm taking you home for a bit." I drop my jaw, "REally?!" I'm crying harder now. Oh god stop me. "Yeah. And take the girlfriend with you. You can't say no." I want to tell her that we aren't together, but she's already moved away from my grip, and brought Josie forward. I gulp, starting, "I'm so sorry Jo. You have every right to be angry. I just wanted to protect you-" "You're always trying to protect others. Let me give you the same advice a little birdie once gave me.  Take care of yourself. That means physically, emotionally, mentally. It isn't selfish. Also, being selfish once in a blue moon isn't always a bad thing, Hope. Now, that doesn't mean I have stopped being mad at you, you mean asshole. I couldn't remember you. That wasn't nice. And I stuffed that Hope sized hole with Landon. HE'S A TINY HOBBIT. Lizzie's words, not mine. Just give me a little bit of time, but don't push me away. Look, Hope, as much as I am angry, I can't stay angry at you forever, so I suppose I should get packing, shouldn't I? Would you like some help with your stuff?" She whispers. What did I do to deserve this wonderful human being. "I don't know Hope, but just enjoy it ok?" Josie winks. I said that out loud!! FUCK. I SAID THAT OUT LOUD. Freya chuckles, wrapping me in a hug, "Go get her, Little Wolf."