28 - Transfiguration

One Month Ago

When I am dead, my dearest,

Sing no sad songs for me;

Plant thou no roses at my head,

Nor shady cypress tree:

Be the green grass above me,

With showers and dewdrops wet;

And if thou wilt, remember,

And if thou wilt, forget.

Tranquil music played by the harpist dressed in black singed through the great church hall. Rain pitter-pattered on the old stained glass windows; the angel that was painted seemed to cry.

I shall not see the shadows,

I shall not feel the rain;

I shall not hear the nightingale.

The front row bench was filled with family and friends; Muggles and Witches alike. Each with damp wet tissues gripped tightly into their hands. The men dressed in black ties and waistcoats; the women dressed in long black gowns with intricate headpieces.

The coffin that rested before them, perched up on a table surrounded by Lily's, Petunias, Sunflowers and Daisies, was sealed shut. The lining was covered in cold and floral details as everyone sat together, weeping out their souls.

A man stood tall, walking with shaking knees up to a stand to perform a speech for the beloved they had lost. Tears stained his old and wrinkled cheeks, the whiskers on top of his head neatly scraped back, his breathing ragged and broken; just like his heart.

Sing on, as if in pain:

And dreaming through the twilight

That doth not rise nor set,

Haply I may remember,

And haply may forget.

"Have you spoken to him yet?"

With glistening eyes, the woman perked her head up after staring so long at the empty bowl of food in front of her as she chewed down on something inedible.

"W-what?" She asked, her voice quiet and uninterested.

"Your father; have you spoken to him?"

Kalina blinked, looked around the crowded room at the old pub and shook her head, her head piece resting on her lap. "What is there to say? I can't bring my mother back to life."

Today

"Today has to be the day, surely!"

Kalina was bouncing around her little home in Wiltshire, a spring in her step as she swirled around her in her trainers and shorts. The weather was warm but the sun was not beaming in the sky but today had not been about getting a luscious tan in her garden whilst reading a good book anyway. Infact, today was the day where she would finally attempt to transform into her Animagus form. There had been a forecast on her small Television that a lightning storm was to immense at sunset.

To much of her displeasure, she had been holding and chewing on a Mandrake leaf in her mouth for a little over a month. It was at the perfect consistency to brew a potion that she had hidden away in case any Muggles were to come around and she was more than eager to get it going.

Spitting the leaf out of her hand and into a vial she had on standby, she drew out her cauldron that was neatly bubbling away and added the leaf, emitting a deep blue glow in smoke. She must have looked like a crazed scientist as she had her large glasses on, her hair pinned back tightly and she had a wild look in her eye and in her smile.