Hold me.

I wake up to a very familiar light stinging my eyes..wait..no. no. no not again. I open my eyes and shoot up, my chest hurts so bad. I look down..a new gown...what's going on? Was that all a dream?? No way, I lift the covers to see purple and yellow marks all over my legs. It was real...so where was everyone?
I lay in my bed, thinking. About everything. I was numb. I...

I hear footsteps approaching. I turn my head to see a very nervous and sad Mattia being guided by a nurse to the door. He's biting his thumb nail like he's scared. He looks up, when we met eye contact, I let it out. I lost it. I started crying. His eyes watered before he ran to me and hugged me tightly. I hugged back. I didn't want to let go.

Riley: please hold me..

I cried.

Mattia: I'm never letting go..

Riley: okay.

He detached himself from me and put both hands on my head, making me look at him. I stared into his eyes.

Mattia: listen..I am never letting you go. You gotta know that...

My lips trembled, I just cried. He hugged me once more. It was a powerful hug. I felt safe. Which is a feeling I haven't felt in what seems like forever. We sobbed and just held each other. I felt this feeling in my stomach and heart. It was fluttering almost. I loved him. I needed him. We just held each other. He's all I need. I love him. I hear someone else enter the room. Kairi. He laughs and smiles so big. It warms your heart. He ran to you crying. You hugged him with all your given strength. Everyone else came in and we're so happy. You felt happy, safe, loved. You just cried tears of joy. Everyone came around the bed and swaddled you in a big group hug. Everyone just cried. You felt happy. That's all that mattered. You knew from there..everything was going to be okay. Nothing else mattered then what you had in front of you. I'm happy...

(Thank you guys so much for all the reads again!!! This book wouldn't be how it is without you!!❤️)