Chapter V

"Hon, please don't leave me! I will trade eveything I have just for you stay. We can still fix this", tears were drifting in driblets as her mother begs.

A little girl is overseeing the two adults arguing over same thing. It's a usual occurrence right before her eyes, and she got used to it. But at this juncture, something is off. She could taste her own tears falling down her cheeks as her dad propels his stuff in the suitcase.

"Let's stop this. I ... I'm tired of this marriage. I'm tired understanding you! Parati ka na lang nagseselos, parating ikaw na lang ang iniintindi ko. How about me?! Did you ever ask me if I'm okay?", he tells her weeping mom.

"I'm sorry. Hon, I promise I'll change. Please. Ang bata pa ni Lea, I don't want her to grow up in a broken family. Hon, please. Please. I'm so sorry if I let you feel that way", she beseeched, but her dad is adamant in leaving.

"I will still fulfill my obligation as her father. Let's just settle this in court", one step was taken, but he startled upon seeing the little girl peeking through the door ajar.

It crumpled his heart.

She pouts with tears falling unstoppably, "Dear, I'm so sorry. I'm very sorry if daddy needs to leave. I promise baby, daddy will come back. Okay? I promise"

Although, she was just an 8-year-old girl but looking at her crying mom it felt heartbreaking for her.

○ ○ ○

She was awaken by her alarm.

That dream again.

She's been haunting by this dream since her father left them. Though he's now already in Heaven but the pain in her heart is still there, it never faded away. She knew that revenge will never change what had happened in the past, and it will never bring back his father into life but whatever it takes she will revenge.

Her father had an affair with another woman. It destroyed their family, her mother put all her attention to their family business since her father left them. Her mom leaves the house early and arrives home late at night. Her dad's affair made her mom changed a lot. She was no longer able to attend a lot of her school meetings. Luckily, her yaya Belle was always there for her. Even if her parents never got back together, her father was still fulfilling all her needs.

Material needs

As time went by she got used to their situation. It was almost her high school graduation, she was the valedictorian in her batch and was very excited to tell her mom about it. When she arrived at their house, her mom was crying.

"Mom? What's wrong? Is it about the business?"

Her mom held her hands and uttered those words, those unexpected words, "Lea, anak, your dad....he's dead".

She was speechless and tears were just kept on falling down her cheeks.

According to the investigation, her father was shot dead. Someone hired a man to kill him and the primary suspect was the husband of his mistress, Atty. Ariel Martinez. Even though her parents had their separate ways, the death of her father affected her mom so much. Her father's death wasn't given justice. Martinez family has a lot of connections and for a simple family like hers, justice didn't prevail. But life made a different turn and now she's back.

She came prepared.

○ ○ ○

It's 6am, she got up and prepared for her breakfast. Time flew so fast, it's her first month in the firm. She's getting used to the heavy traffic and annoying Aga. That man knows how to ruin her day. As much as possible, she avoids him at all cost. For the whole month in the firm, she received a lot of offers from other law firms. The benefits are way better than the Martinez Law Firm's but she refused it all.

As usual she arrived 15 minutes before time. She has a court hearing today. All documents that she needed are neatly arranged inside her briefcase. This would be a different court hearing for her because the opposing party's lawyer is no other than Atty. Aga Martinez. This is their first time to be in the same case. Their whole department is excited not about the case but all because of their favorite loveteam lawyers.

"Lora, kanina ka pa nakangiti diyan" she's fixing herself before going to the court while Lora is sitting on the client's chair.

"Bawal ba? Eh excited ako sa inyo eh. The jewels of the firm will be at the same RTC Branch"

"He'll just eat my dust. That's really exciting"

"I know naman noh na matatalo mo siya. My bet is on you kaya dapat ka talaga manalo"

"I have to go" she took her things, bid goodbye to Lora and made her way out. She's on her way to where her car is parked when she saw Aga about to open his car door.

"Oh hello there Atty. Lea" he took off his glasses revealing his attractive eyes.

"Maaga pa po para mambwesit"

"Hahaha wag ka muna mabwesit. Mamaya na lang pagnatalo ka na sa kaso"

"Really? You think you can beat me?" she crossed her arms.

"Why not? Easy"

"Hahaha well, later we'll know. Wag muna masyado pakampante, as I've heard you don't accept defeat daw eh"

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Hindi ka lang pala lawyer, stalker ka rin"

"Huh! Me? Stalker? Stalker your ass! It's your friends who told me" she opened her car door but he spoke again.

"See you later babes" he winks.

"F*ck you!" she flashes her middle finger then entered her car and started to drive.

He's smiling like a lunatic standing beside his car. She's a badass-chic-witty lawyer. It's the first time that he met this kind of woman.