Chapter XIV

She has a court hearing today. The case is about the ex-husband who harmed his ex-wife physically. After the court hearing, the ex-wife thanked her.

"Attorney, salamat ha. Tama nga yung sabi nila, you are the best" she smiled.

"It's nothing. I only did my job" they are walking along the hallway to the parking lot.

"Salamat parin attorney. Hindi ko talaga inexpect na magagawa niya sakin yun. He wants to win me back pero ayoko na. You are a strong woman attorney as what I've observed"

"What do you mean by that?" her forehead creased with feeling of curiosity.

"I was once like you. As an older woman with experience in love, choose a man wisely. No matter how strong you are as a person, when it comes to love you'll be weaken. No matter how strong your boundaries are, you'll let your guard down. Just make sure that at the end, it will be all worth it"

She just forced a smile. It feels like this woman is describing her even if she doesn't know anything about that boundaries she established.

"Sige po attorney. Mauuna na po ako. Thank you po ulit" she quickly walked to her car.

Lea drives back to the firm while thinking about everything her client said. It's like a dagger pierced her heart. She's trying to assess herself. For these past few days, she felt weird to herself.

When she arrived at her office, Lora is obviously waiting for her at the client's chair.

"Maam, I won't do legal advice this afternoon" she joked her, smiling.

"Dumating ka rin. I have something to ask you" she sounds serious.

"What is it?" she pulled her swivel chair and sit.

"The firm is facing financial difficulties. I heard the BIR personnel will come to check their financial statements. They received the letter today. Lei, is this your plan?"

"Attorney, you do not have proof" she's smiling while leaning on her chair.

"So, tama nga ako. Lei, you're making me anxious. Hindi to alam ng mommy Joy mo"

"She doesn't have to. Lor, I'm almost there. Almost there" she plastered a sweet smile.

Lora heaved a sigh while staring at her.

"Lei, I'm just here to support you but know that I'm worried about you"

"Sus! I can manage myself. You know me"

"Maiba nga ako, nauna ako nong Saturday umuwi eh. May dapat ba akong malaman?" she's raising her brows.

"Oh well, not much. He just confessed his feelings"

"He what!? Confessed? Seriously?" Lora couldn't believe he did it that fast. He just became friend with Lea for like a day.

"Yes but I told him to stop. I don't have any plans on being too close to him"

"Why? Are you afraid to fall?" she teasingly smiled.

"Oh please! No! I don't wanna get too close to him. Kahit naman cold akong tao, I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling"

Lora chuckled, "You know what, I feel like drinking a tea. Grabe! Di ko akalaing ang dali mafall ni Atty.Martinez" she stood up.

"I know right. Come on! I want a cup of hot coffee. I forgot to have one this morning. May hearing kase ako"