Chapter XXXIX

It's getting late at night when they reached home. After doing her nighttime routine, Lea decides to check her kids. The kids' giggles are audible as well as the nanny's wind down technique and of that she affirmed they're still wide awake at this late hour. She slowly pushes the door then found her kids jumping and running around. Toys scattered on the floor while their nanny is having the hardest part of her job. It's really a struggle when her kids are on their hyper state.

She enters their bedroom, "ako na dito, you can take a rest now"

The nanny responded before leaving, "Sige po, maam"

"Girls, go to your beds now" pointing to their separate beds as she walks in.

"But we're not yet sleepy" Isabelle protests.

"But bedtime is bedtime. Go on. Do as I say" hands on her waists as she gives them a stern look.

"Can we have five more minutes, Mom?" Nathalia showing off her five little fingers.

Lea shakes her head, "Nope. When momma says you go to sleep now, you go to sleep now"

"But..." Nathalia tries to reason out but is cut off by her mom.

"Nathalia, sweetheart, enough with your buts. Bed now"

Isabelle backup her twinny, "Two more minutes, Mom, please?"

"Do I have to repeat myself, girls?" she raised her brow and they don't enjoy it.

The little girls are left with no choice but to obey with their downcast eyes on. She tucked her kids to Isabelle's bed after their night prayer. She's in the middle of the bed while the kids on her both sides hug her waist with their little arms and legs. They won't fall asleep unless she hums their favorite lullaby Somewhere Over The Rainbow while scratching Nathalia's back and stroking Isabelle's hair to sleep. In less than a quarter of an hour, they quickly fell asleep. She carefully transfers Nathalia to her bed as slowly as possible 'coz if not, she'd spend the next hour trying to put her back to sleep.

The challenge of her Monday morning kicks in when her little Isabelle doesn't want to go to school again. She crouches on the floor, pouting. Begging her mom not to send her to school today of which gives Lea a long sigh.

"Isabelle, we are running late. If you don't get up now we'll leave you here. Nanny and Manang won't be around the whole day so you'll take care of the entire house. Can you do that?"

Isabelle shook her head "But I don't want to go to school. Momma, please. I want to go with you. Please"

"No. Carmen Isabelle, stand up now. Up!" hands on her waists. This is one of the many scenes that her patience gets to be tested by her young ones.

"Momma, please" with her begging eyes but it has zero effect to her mom.

"I'll count to three. If you don't stand up, we'll leave you here all by yourself. One ..."

"No" she started wailing.

"...Two"

"No. Momma, please. Please. I don't feel like going there"

"Three. That's it! Manang, make sure all the windows and doors are lock" she started taking steps away from the crying Isabelle.

Isabelle runs quickly towards her mom and hugs her waist, crying. It's her usual Monday morning when either Nathalia or Isabelle or worse is both of them don't want to go to school. That's a bit of challenge on her side almost everyday of their weekdays.