Chapter XX

Aga walked back to his office with full of happiness in his eyes. Thinking about her soft lips triggers the million butterflies in his stomach. Her touch brings different sensation all over his body. They might not be official for now but being with her is more than enough for him.

He twisted the doorknob to open the door and found a man sitting on his client chair. By the looks of his face, it seems that he's been waitin' for him for awhile.

"Dad?"

The resignation of some lawyers this morning crossed his mind. His mind got occupied by Lea's presence that he forgot to inform his dad about it.

His dad turned to look at him. He looks calm compared to the last time Aga saw him.

"Where have you been? Your paralegal has been looking for you to inform you I'm here but you're nowhere to be found"

He's not yet prepared to inform his dad about Lea. This isn't the right time to talk about it. The firm is in not-so-good situation.

He walked to his swivel chair.

"Sorry dad. May inasikaso lang sandali. I was about to call you regarding what happened this morning kaso lang marami akong inasikaso"

His dad's eyes narrowed.

"What is it?"

He took the resignation letters and placed those on his table.

"Four of our lawyers resigned"

His dad didn't response.

"Dad, don't worry. I ..."

"I talked to Atty. Tolentino before coming in your office. She will handle the case that might be filed against me"

"No, dad. I won't let you be imprisoned. We can still find another way"

He looked at his dad with conviction.

"What can you do? I'm so tired listening to your empty words. I need actions. The last time you said that, the firm has been put under investigation. Are you really taking actions?"

He maintained his composure.

"I apologize dad but believe me I am doing my best"

"It's not enough! Just accept it that you cannot save this business. Our last resort is to give up this firm! That is the reason why I didn't inform you about this. Wala ka rin namang maitutulong!"

Aga heaved a sigh.

"I am trying the best that I can dad. Kaso kahit anong gawin ko di mo rin naman napapansin! All you see are my mistakes"

"Then prove it to me that you can do best! Don't wait for the time that even our best lawyers would decide to quit specially Atty. Salazar"

Aga stared at his dad with a questioning look.

"Specially Atty. Salazar? Why? Pano naman siya napasok sa usapang ito!?"

"I hired her because she'd be the best lawyer we ever had. In a span of one month, we increased our clients and that's according to Annie. We can get away from this issue kung hindi lang nabuko ang accounting irregularities natin! If you want to save this firm, offer her everything that you could and use her at your advantage. Ligawan mo, paikotin mo! Do everything!"

His patience reached its limit. Come what may he will never use Lea just to save the firm.

"No! I will never use anyone just to save this firm dad. I'm not that desperate"